extreme lag SSH/SCP/ideamaker remote management

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Coyote

extreme lag SSH/SCP/ideamaker remote management

Postby Coyote » Fri May 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi Everyone, i wanted to know if anyone here experiences a very very slow/unstable SSH/SCP connections?

-when i log in to my N2+ over SSH , the machine lags randomly and very unstable (when I type, sometimes it takes many seconds until text shows up, and if i move the cursor too fast, the connection just drops.)
-SCP transfers : slow and sometimes drops.
-ideamaker transfers: either extremely slow and often just drops - the progress/preview never shows up, stays blank; temperatures never update without disconnecting/reconnecting
-when i ping the N2: 50-70% packet loss
-when i ping any computer in the lan *FROM* the N2 (with SSH) 20-30% packet loss
-ifconfig N2 reveals SLOW connections is that normal? : RX: 6.0MiB - TX 1.0 MiB - multicast

the only firewall on the networks prevents the machine to connect to the internet (zscaler)

Things i checked:
LAN Network is OK, checked by IT service - we even tested different cables and ports - IP is STATIC - the machine has no access to internet (firewall preventing it to connect outside the LAN)
ifconfig reports no errors nor dropped packets
Wifi connection is not a possible workaround here (business environment, no wifi, ethernet connection only, unable to test by wifi)
i cold rebooted the machine (switched off fully for a whole night)
latest touch firmware installed.

thank you very much for your help!
besides that "remote control problem" , the machine works fine over 100h of printing yet

Regards
Dan.

Jetguy

Re: extreme lag SSH/SCP/ideamaker remote management

Postby Jetguy » Fri May 19, 2017 2:45 pm

We've seen one or 2 instances where the internal network extension cabled for wired Ethernet between the pcDuino board and the rear panel of the machine was defective or reduced the network negotiated rate.
Simple fix, either replace that extension cable or directly connect your network cable to the pcduino.

Coyote

Postby Coyote » Fri May 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Jetguy wrote:Simple fix, either replace that extension cable or directly connect your network cable to the pcduino.

Hi and thanks for your fast response! i suspected it but i never tried it before.

i just tried, but no luck, still the very same behavior...

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri May 19, 2017 6:17 pm

Can your network admin examine the network switch and identify what rate that port is operating at?
Again, on a wired network connection, either this is a cabling issue or a switch port issue, or last chance, a damaged network port on the pcduino.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon May 22, 2017 5:43 am

Please open the back cover of the screen box, then you can find a RJ45 port which has a extended cable to the back of the machine for you to connect the you net cord.
Please remove the extended cable from the screen board and use a tested functional cable to connect your PC and screen directly.
Then disable Wifi on your PC and DHCP on screen.

Then set computer's stastic IP to be:
ip:192.168.0.120

subnet mask:255.255.255.0

router: 192.168.0.1

dns: 192.168.0.1

Printer' to be:
ip:192.168.0.130

subnet mask:255.255.255.0

router: 192.168.0.1

dns: 192.168.0.1

Then ping 192.168.0.130 on computer to get the checking result.

Coyote

Postby Coyote » Mon May 29, 2017 12:42 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Please open the back cover of the screen box, then you can find a RJ45 port which has a extended cable to the back of the machine for you to connect the you net cord.
Please remove the extended cable from the screen board and use a tested functional cable to connect your PC and screen directly.
Then disable Wifi on your PC and DHCP on screen.

Good Morning Vicky,
I just tried to connect the motherboard directly to a computer , using a (non crossed) RJ45 cable
set the IP's on both machines etc...

same results... 10% packet loss when pinging the N2

what should i do? i have no clue if the faulty part is the firmware of the board, or the hardware....
as a reminder, im running the latest touch firmware.

Thank you

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 31, 2017 6:47 am

If you ensure that your cable is functional and you have directly connected it onto screen board without the default extended cable inside, that should have something wrong about the screen board.
Please shoot a ticket on our support system and share me opinion there.

Return to “Hardware”