Marlin 1.1 Official Release

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
sylus

Re: Marlin 1.1 Official Release

Postby sylus » Thu May 11, 2017 7:43 am

firesped wrote:$45 for a $3 optical endstop.

clear filament not detected by coventional optical endstop

spacexwannabe

Postby spacexwannabe » Mon May 15, 2017 11:06 am

Don't suppose there's any updates on this Jetguy/firesped?

firesped

Postby firesped » Tue May 16, 2017 9:49 am

I can't do any testing right now because my printer is down and requires some expensive replacement parts. the PSU is shorting. the touchscreen is fried and I have no clue if the motion controller is working or not as I have no way to power it.

The touchscreen replacement is the most expensive part. I've found a source for the PSU, which I may also be able to send the one I have in to be repaired. radwell has a repair facility and has repair this unit. the ultimate issue is how much repair costs.

the PSU has been weird. I have had it run where it will not short out anything. I go to put all the parts in place and it shorts. (blowing out the GFI reset on the wall socket).

I haven't heard from jetguy yet either.

I've just a little bit concerned with just posting the firmware out, which is why I didn't put it on github. XYZ movements responded correctly to the touchscreen when I tested it. on the RC8 I was able to print but I don't know how much different this one is.

I need some additional people to test it. you will need to configure the firmware for your printer. I have designed it to be easily configured like the current firmware is.

we need to test both single and dual extrution settings.
need someone with a BLtouch to test the BLtouch.
RL name: Michael Nolen

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue May 16, 2017 11:28 am

I truly am sorry I have not had a single moment to test it. I am away from home this week and unable to test until next weekend. It's not that I don't want to test, I just honestly have been working day and night for a few weeks now.

firesped

Postby firesped » Tue May 16, 2017 1:50 pm

It's ok jetguy.

from my testing of what is and it not fried, I think the actual touch screen itself is not damaged. I managed to sort of hook it into a RPi3 and i got some response out of it.
RL name: Michael Nolen

spacexwannabe

Postby spacexwannabe » Thu May 18, 2017 10:11 am

Hi firesped,

I'm happy to test the firmware, I've got no problems uploading the firmware to the board and playing with the code. Will be able to test dual extrusion with a bondtech extruder and soon the BLtouch probe.

I've already PM'd you my email if you want to send me the code to help test.

Cheers,
Ben

Return to “Hardware”