Loading Files onto N2

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Revivalution

Loading Files onto N2

Postby Revivalution » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I see where there is a place for local files on the N2. Can someone lead me through the process of loading files from my USB unto the local storage?

Thanks,
Stacy

Jetguy

Re: Loading Files onto N2

Postby Jetguy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Easy enough, go put the USB stick into your PC or computer. There is no copy from one device to another device LCD menu option, so instead, you must transfer the file over the network (wireless or wired) using either the SCP transfer protocol or Ideamaker. Hint, local storage is how you print from the network or ideamaker since it is a file transfer to local storage to the linux computer that is the front panel and LCD controller.

Again, the LCD menu does not offer a copy function (that I can find and I thought I know this system pretty well) from one device to another via the current firmware.

ideamakerupload1.jpg
ideamakerupload2.jpg
ideamakerupload3.jpg
ideamakerupload4.jpg

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 pm

Again, the current firmware does not support copying from USB to local storage via the LCD.
From the "print" tab or submenu page.
If you choose local storage, you have the edit icon in the upper right. If you click that edit, you get another context menu and by selecting a file, you can then copy it. But the catch 22, this menu only exists in local storage. So if you go to USB because you want to copy FROM USB to local storage, that's not a menu item I can find to enable this. The menu items only allow moving and copying to say a folder that you created in the local storage volume. It will not let you copy and paste from one storage location to another.

localstorageedit1.jpg

localstorageedit4.jpg

localstorageedit2.jpg

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:28 pm

I know it seems crazy, but again, for whatever reason, there is no context menu to copy. The current workflow assumes you leave the drive plugged in and print from it, or if it's something you would print over and over again and want it on local storage, it's transferred over the network.

Return to “Hardware”