repetier firmware

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
firesped

repetier firmware

Postby firesped » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:36 am

after getting the Monoprice Maker Select v2, I'm happy with how that printer performed straight out of the box. it is running the repetier firmware so i am going to give configuring that firmware for our printers.

my issue with marlin release client is that it is all beta software and I discovered a major issue when I actually went to do a multi print on something. not sure if it was the model or something else as I was playing with the gcode.

right now I am working on the basic printer settings and I am figuring out their configuration tool.

I've figured out the temp sensor section finally. in marlin these were just numbers that were set. extruders -1 and bed 8. There was actually a table that said what those numbers means, so I got that configured.

not sure if Jetguy or raise3d staff can help answer some questions.

first question:
HEATER_PWM_SPEED = ? options are 15Hz, 30Hz, 61Hz, or 122Hz

second question:
it lists a start speed and max speed under the extruders.
Start speed is set default to 20.
max speed is set default to 50.

I have a value for max speed at 25. not sure what to set start speed to, so i am setting it to 12 for right now.
RL name: Michael Nolen

socke

Re: repetier firmware

Postby socke » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:29 am

Regarding your first point:
I don't know the Repetier firmware, but in Marlin it is little below 10Hz if I remember right. However, 15Hz would be more than sufficient as the thermal inertia of the heater is much slower.

firesped

Postby firesped » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:13 pm

my computer I was doing this on decided it was going to reboot, so I get to start over.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:51 am

HEATER_PWM_SPEED = 10hz
In our firmware, Start speed should be set to be 5mm/sec by default. Max speed should be set to be 25mm/sec by default.

firesped

Postby firesped » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:32 pm

making some notes on what i need to modify in the repetier. working with multiple computers.

print heater status. line 5286 marlin main

line 5363 bed status?

line 5548

line 8900, the most important line

firesped

Postby firesped » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:51 pm

It looks like there is an option to get this working without any fancy changes to the firmware. but it involves getting repetier-server to run on the pcDRUINO. But it sounds like repetier-server can use the touchscreen interface.

firesped

Postby firesped » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:34 pm

here is the verdict on repetier firmware. the firmware itself is simply configured for the printer. nothing fancy.

however, the touchscreen needs to be changed over to run repetier-server, which has a touchscreen interface. the best way for this to happen would be for raise3d to setup an OEM license, which would cost money to do. It would allow them to customize the look and feel of the touchscreen UI.

the touchscreen installed in our machines is very barebones. It may not even have all the software installed at the moment to even run the repetier-server. I'm working on a roundabout way of getting it installed but I'm also a little bit worried about it screwing up how the printer works now. I'm not an linux expert.

Going this route would mean that ideamaker will not connect to the printer anymore as well. you would have to use repetier-host.

Repetier-server does offer an option that some users have asked for. the ability to login remotely over the internet. you setup user accounts to prevent hacking and you can restrict access to functions as well. The next question would be if it will allow for a camera to be plugged into the touchscreen.

Return to “Hardware”