New premium PTFE guide tubes

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Jetguy

New premium PTFE guide tubes

Postby Jetguy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:07 pm

Completely forgot to post about this after MRRF, this is the Capricorn PTFE tubing that I bought 4 meters of to use with my 3D printers.
This is some of the best tubing for 3D printing I have ever used. The inside is extremely slick, to the point you wonder why you ever used anything else.

Seriously, stop using cheap off the Amazon or Fleebay list, this is the best stuff money can buy and the cost was extremely reasonable. I bought 4 meters of it to retrofit all of my printers.

http://captubes.com/

Rare that I go one about something like this, but this one is important. We have a few threads of folks talking about guide tube drag and problems, and I know even with semiflex and especially rubbery ninjaflex, folks had issues with guide tube drag.

Jetguy

Re: New premium PTFE guide tubes

Postby Jetguy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Also, hint, hint, Raise 3D, they are looking for distribution and sales and given what I've already seen, this is something that needs carried in the store.
Contact

baz@gmail.com (sales, marketing)

steve@gmail.com (supply chain, tech specs)

captubes@gmail.com (questions, comments, anything else)

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:42 pm

too bad I just bought 10 meters of cheap stuff - AND they aren't selling online yet. But I asked nicely, we'll see

thanks for the tip JetGuy

firesped

Postby firesped » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:24 pm

I was just looking for new PTFE tubing for my printer.
RL name: Michael Nolen

Return to “Hardware”