Tubes or no tubes

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Redron357

Tubes or no tubes

Postby Redron357 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:50 am

This is the question, Tubes or No Tubes... I have found with the tubes on, the weight of the tube and filament cause the unused filament to sag as I am printing. I have taken these tubes off and find I have the same problem the unused filament ( if I only use 1 filament to print ) tends to sag so bad I have to unload the extruder and cut off the crimped end that now has a 90% angle because it was sagging. This seems to be even more so when I use the tubes. Looking for some answers as to what people are do to stop this sagging in the tubes.
One thing I can think of is a spool holder that holds the spools higher then the feeder.. :(

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Tubes or no tubes

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:57 pm

Which tubes do you mean?
The default short tubes at the right side of the printer or the extra long tubes with printed top cover in accessory box?
In most cases, we don't use those long tubes to reduce the moving resistance between filament and tubes. Only for filament who is very brittle and tends to be broken during fast moving we will install those long tubes.

tja

Re: Tubes or no tubes

Postby tja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:00 pm

I use the 'extra long tubes' all the time on my N1. I have strapped them together with the cable chain and they work very well, much better than the 'no tube' setup I used for the first couple of weeks of ownership.

Return to “Hardware”