HELP REALLY SCREWSED Up - Blue wire to right extruder heatin rod snapped

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Spikeysonic

HELP REALLY SCREWSED Up - Blue wire to right extruder heatin rod snapped

Postby Spikeysonic » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Been having many problems trying to reassemble the right extruder, Was struggling to insert the heating element (the fat one with 2 blue wires, it was not going in, now one of the blue wire has snapped off the heating element.

Have been struggling to put the right extruder together so it does not twist in the print head due to force from the heating element (the wire appears to be short, It kept going loose...

But all the problems are dwarfed by he actual heating element snapping were the blue wire connects.

Dont see how this can be fixed, thinking I will need a whole new heating element with wire and will have to take apart the print head to somehow reconnect it....

Worried by how much this will cost and how I do it... Please help. In in the United Kingdom England in North London.

Also singed the fan wire but does not appear to have gone through to the wire.

Why have I been having so much trouble since using PLA and things getting clogged and now how much is this gonner cost and where do I get this replacement part.

Is there any repair centre in London?
Hot end lock up straight and not spin under the heat sink. I just replaced the centre brass grub screw
And if I can somehow get the hole heater element. Why was the hot rod not going into the hot end hole, the grub screws were right out

But most important where and (very worried how much) will a new hot rod probe cost and how do I install it
Attachments
20170309_205329[1].jpg

basilfawlty

Re: HELP REALLY SCREWSED Up - Blue wire to right extruder heatin rod snapped

Postby basilfawlty » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:29 pm

It's only $5 USD. :)

https://www.raise3d.com/collections/acc ... eating-rod

Might be worth picking up a few other spare parts while you are at it.

I'd recommend at least getting an extra fan (or two), nozzles, and an end stop board. I have quite a few nozzles, and entire hot-end, feeding tube, extruder gear, thermocouple, and several build plates as back ups just in case. But I'm printing nearly full time and want to maintain steady up-time.
Raise3D N2+

firesped

Postby firesped » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:23 am

I would order a new fan while you were at it as well.

The good news is the left extruder is the primary one. as long as the right thermocouple is good you can still print without the right side. personly I don't use the right side but my machine has been upgraded with a bondtech system that makes the right side into bowden type feed system.

I've screwed up far worse then this. took out the main board by putting steppers in backwards. had to buy a new board. never do that btw. also had my hotend encased in plastic and pulled the heater rod and thermocouple loose while trying to fix it. That was not fun.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

firesped

Postby firesped » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:25 am

I would check to make sure the other fan wires are not melted, they should not be routed by hot end.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:52 am

Thanks ... big relief was anticipating over £ 100 for a new part. How do Inroute the fan wires.

More so how do I connect and install the hot rod please... hopefully it has a longer lead so not twisting the hot ens

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:09 am

the heater was hard for me to get in , I had to heat up the block with it only partially inserted, turned of heater (it will cool before the block) then used a pin nosed pliers to push it in. Remember only push on the can Never on the wires.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:44 am

Please remove the thermocouple first before inserting the prob of heating rod into the heat block.
Because there is a thick section at the end of thermocople's end. If you install the thermocouple first, then it will block the way which heater needs to pass from.
755736311769869919.jpg

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:32 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Please remove the thermocouple first before inserting the prob of heating rod into the heat block.
Because there is a thick section at the end of thermocople's end. If you install the thermocouple first, then it will block the way which heater needs to pass from.
755736311769869919.jpg

Thanks Vicky. I believe I burnt out my right side heater cartridge today. After a long print, i was heating up left extruder and bed for next print (i never use right extruder). Saw some smoke and turned it off after getting a board error about max temp in right extruder (it was off but read 319 degrees) and saw that the wire to the heater cartridge was burnt. I dont know if the board was damaged (i'm printing right now just fine, it's my 3rd print of 1-2 hours since the incident) but i am sure the heater cartridge is bad now.

So is there a video on how to change these parts? I love watching someone do it so i can follow along. I am sure I can figure it out via trial and error, but rather not make a mistake. I'll probably wait until my new N2 arrives this or next week before messing with it though. Need a working printer :)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:18 am

I'm so sorry that we only have disassembling instruction video for it. No assembling instruction video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3EaDHNdlKU

Return to “Hardware”