Extruder one not feedign properlyu, tap tap sound feed gear skipping

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Spikeysonic

Extruder one not feedign properlyu, tap tap sound feed gear skipping

Postby Spikeysonic » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:18 am

Seem to have run into a problem after unloading the printer (The PVA that came with it in extruder 1 and PVA in extruder 2)

The left extruder with the PLA seems to be jamming with the feed gear appearing to skip and making a tap tap tap sound. Does not appear to be extruding properly either a lack of it or producing spagetti.

how do I fix it on my Raise 3D N2 Dual.

I have tried single and dual extruding , same problem. The PVA seems to work but did not stick to plate properly when tried it out this time.

Is there a trick to dual extruding.

Was working fine before unloading and reloading.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Extruder one not feedign properlyu, tap tap sound feed gear skipping

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:08 am

There should have a something clog inside the hotend.
Here is a dredging video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-3GuO_eiRA

If it does no help, you may need to disassemble your hotend to check whether there is something inside.
Here is the disassembling instruction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3EaDHNdlKU
And assembling instruction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hobwePlokQc

For PVA, normally we don't add Raft for it. And usually we use glass side with PVP glue to add adhesion.

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:16 am

Cleared the clog on the left PLA extruder... tried to print seemed to go ok only no PVA support, thought had just set to PLA... However when done tried to unload the PVA and the feeding gear just chewed it without moving.

Tried to take off the perspex panel and pull it out manually it broke off at the opening of the extruder

(ie feeder gear, gap white entrance stuck here) this bit appears stuck solid, tried to push with cleaner rod its not budging more than 1mm.

Now what please as the entire right extruder appears blocked. Tried upping the temp to 230. no luck.

So thats the whole estruder from white entrance hole (ie not the feeder gear and gap) is soldly blocked

Also have run into another problem. When I was scraping the PLA model off the plate the plate came loose jerking forward, on inspection the glass corner has broken but held in place by the build tac. How much for a replacement glass plate and build tac and where can I pick one up from UK ideally, ideally in London (live in North London , United Kingdom if helps)

Additional the next part I need it to be made with ninja flex. what settings etc do I need for that and technique please

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:36 am

If steel wire does no help, you need to remove the whole hotend and do disassembling as the video instruction.
For the white tube, you can press it out from the extruder side. You check whether it is block and can be clean or not.
For the glass and buildtak, you can check with iMakr, our distributor in UK.

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:01 pm

I managed to clear the Left PLA extruder, the right one with the PV is stcukc fast , the feeding gear chewed it as a result, started to take and the apart the hot end but mine is different. There was no screw to pull out behind the fan and the heat sink is one piece with no screws at all

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:09 pm

PVA is VERY DIFFICULT to print properly. Heat it up hot and pull on filament as you unload it. If that won't come out, remove the nozzle HOT and try to load then unload, repeat. You can drop the bed and gently feed the 1mm wire up the nozzle hole and pull it out and you should have some melted filament stuck to it, repeat, getting as much out as you can, keep the heater on. if after 2 hours you can't get any more out then you need to remove the entire hotend with the isolation tube and try to run the wire down through the isolation tube, this is a delicate procedure, ask Vickie for instructions. Usually 2 hours at 20 degrees > printing temperature will melt it enough to unload.

btw, if you have a soft filament to print like pva, its better to print that one in the left nozzle and the firmer filament like PLA out of the right.

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:48 pm

Erm trying to put the hot end back together.... Now swearing like a trouper as appears I need an installation tool which could have easily been 3d printed before hand. A little plastic lining up tool in the video. It there a ideal maker or stl file for this? was it supposed to come in the box?

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:24 am

Never used the tool, I use kapton tape to hold thin slivers of wood onto small vicegrips to hold the hot parts.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:43 am

You can find the printed tool in ideaMaker.
12.png

Return to “Hardware”