Serial Error no such device or address

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
alexAspden

Serial Error no such device or address

Postby alexAspden » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:20 am

Can anyone point me in the correct direction with regards to an error that has come up on my Raise3D N2 plus printer?

After leaving the printer over the weekend we came back in to find a horrible mess of burnt material all over the place.

Both extruder heads have been pulled out and there was printing material where there shouldn’t have been in relation to my print. The error that now shows on the screen is “serial error no such device or address" was showing.

Fan still runs and can boot up in safe mode.

There are no lights to motion controller board I have checked and it is receiving 24v and 12v in places where it should be there is just no go in it! i have had the screen off checked the connections and checked all the connections in the motion controller board.

The PSU underneath all seems to be working fine im waiting on tech support but the printer is required urgently.

Can you please advise.

Thank you

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Serial Error no such device or address

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Fan still runs, which means the LED strips are still working?
This error means serial ports loses communication. There serial ports on screen board and motion controller board.
Please enter the safety mode and attach USB drive to different USB ports on touchscreen to see whether it can recognize and read the files inside or not.

alexAspden

Postby alexAspden » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:54 am

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for your response.

The LED strips around the printer turn on yes.

The main board doesn't have any LED's on whatsoever. the screen board seems to be working fine.

It seems the motion board is not communicating with the screen and this may be because it has malfunctioned. I have checked all leads they seem to be plugged in just nothing happening with it.

I have plugged USB into the 4 slots on the side and it can read the files that are on the disk.

We have replaced the screen with a spare one so we know this isn't the issue.

Thanks
alex

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:18 pm

If you have any working USB cable can be used to swap the current one in the printer connecting screen and motion controller board to test whether it helps or not, try it. If still the same error, the the issue will be highly likely related to motion controller board.

alexAspden

Postby alexAspden » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:32 am

HI Vicky.

Tried replacing the cable with a brand new one but this did not work, i think we will need a new motion board.

We only purchased it in January but have had problems with it since the start we had a new screen put in because of an intermittent fault with shutting down.

The motion controller board when it went haywire made it rip both the hot ends out and damaged the fan couplers, it also melted the fan cables so will probably need a replacement top.

Happy to send any pictures or receipts can you please get in contact privately so we can discuss any replacement parts.

Thanks for the response im waiting for tom chan to reply to my ticket but i believe they are on a national holiday so your the only person i can get hold of !

Kind regards

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:16 pm

For warranty claims, tech support is the team to take responsibility to.
Chen will back to work about after this weekend. If you have any urgent needs, please let me know.

Return to “Hardware”