Semi-noob question on firmware

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
A6y_N0rma1

Semi-noob question on firmware

Postby A6y_N0rma1 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:08 pm

I've done successful arduino sketches in the past for special escape room devices but first time for my N2. I found the Marlin Raise3D firmware on github and have downloaded. I tried to do a verify on the script just to make sure that it complies before I make some changes (github defaults to a single nozzle, etc.) and add in the necessary code for a BLTouch probe. I also want to do some auto-tuning of the PIDs and maybe even do the bed mod I saw using a thicker Al plate and the 750W/120V heater and a SSR.

Here's my problem. A straight compile of the github code generates the error early in the compile:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "RAMBo"

In file included from sketch/SdFile.h:27:0,
from sketch/cardreader.h:8,
from sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:49:
SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'
struct fpos_t {
^
In file included from sketch/Marlin.h:10:0,
from sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:30:
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/avr/include/stdio.h:950:33: note: 'fpos_t' has a previous declaration here
__extension__ typedef long long fpos_t;

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jetguy

Re: Semi-noob question on firmware

Postby Jetguy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:34 am

#1 while I know you want to learn, just use the work of others who already implemented BLtouch and don't use the source code provided by Raise. Start over this in this topic where others have solved this viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6244&start=20#p25644
and the source code linked https://github.com/ABH10/Marlin-for-Rai ... 3D_BLTouch

#2 the specific error you are getting, I have solved it, but again, the problem is the source code and IDE version are more strict and that's why it's kicking out on the name "SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'"
I covered this and "the fix" in this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=593&p=16554&hilit=typedef+name#p16554

Again, do yourself a favor, just use much newer and proven source code by some fellow members.
More likely than not, there is a ready to flash binary and all the info you need.

Return to “Hardware”