Bltouch on Raise3d

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Phife

Re: Bltouch on Raise3d

Postby Phife » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:09 am

The firmware is available on the github here
https://github.com/Raise3D/Marlin-Raise3D-N-Series

You can click on the green button near the top right that says "Clone Or Download" then select Download Zip, this will make you a single file with all the necessary files. You extract the zip into a folder and then you can open Marlin.ino file thats in the marlin folder with Arduino IDE. Most of the important info will be under the configuration.h tab.
Last edited by Phife on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

biaggiboy

Postby biaggiboy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:29 am

Phife wrote:The firmware is available on the github here
https://github.com/Raise3D/Marlin-Raise3D-N-Series

You can click on the green button near the top right that says "Clone Or Download" then select Download Zip, this will make you a single file with all the necessary files. You extract the zip into a folder and then you can open Marlin.ino file thats in the marlin folder with Arduino IDE. Most of the important info will be under the configuration.h file.

thank you Phife ill be checking this out for the next week and trying to understand a little more. I found a video by Tom on youtube about looking at marlin in arduino and have already found the z probe section. im sure ill be needing to do more research but this is a great start. any other info or warnings you could give me before I get really into this would be greatly appreciated. thank again for the help!

sylus

Postby sylus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:35 am

biaggiboy wrote:
sylus wrote:I updated firmware to rev1
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1903054

Will this work with n2 single? Which .firm do I download, there are 2? Do I use the arduino software to put this firmware on my machine? sorry for all the questions im a complete noob at this stuff and don't want to mess up my machine. ive never changed firmware before :?

only for dual if you need single i prepared one attached
Attachments
BLTouch single 1.1.6 rev1.firm
(420.76 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

sylus

Postby sylus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:46 am

biaggiboy wrote:
Phife wrote:I wouldnt recommend the average user download the .firm files and upload them to their printer without some knowledge of how this stuff works. You could damage your printer by using an incorrect firmware for their printer.

Youre better off working with the actual arduino sketch of the firmware so you can make the changes and check to make sure its configured for your printer correctly. Downloading someone elses .firm means you cant make the changes to the BL probe Z offset if your mount or mounting location are different. Also, it will only work for the printer it was made for (be it a N2, N2+, Dual. Ect.)

thank you for the advice! I really appreciate it. Any advise on how I should start going about doing this myself, I ordered a bltouch and it should be here in a week. I have the arduino software I just don't know where to begin, like I said im a complete noob but don't mind learning

In my firm version Zoffset is -0,325 it could be change with an simple gcode with M851 Z-XX (to zero increase the gapp) then M500 to store and override original offset.I have a set of gcode for all the range from 0 to -0,7

eagle1xray

Postby eagle1xray » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:34 pm

excellent! You guys are amazing.

biaggiboy

Postby biaggiboy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:46 pm

sylus wrote:
biaggiboy wrote:
sylus wrote:I updated firmware to rev1
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1903054

Will this work with n2 single? Which .firm do I download, there are 2? Do I use the arduino software to put this firmware on my machine? sorry for all the questions im a complete noob at this stuff and don't want to mess up my machine. ive never changed firmware before :?

only for dual if you need single i prepared one attached

so I noticed in the raise3d version of marlin it has duel extruders labeled. does that mean my machine will think it has 2 extruders or is it just labeled. I noticed this line, what do I do to make it single

//#define DUAL //Comment this line to get single head version firmware.

like I said im a complete noob but slowly starting to understand

thankyou for posting the single extruder .firm i might end up using it but i would like to try and understand how to do this. thanks for everyone's patience, is anyone willing to help me out through pm so i don't take away from this forum thread?

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:53 pm

// is how you comment code. In other words, if a line has //, then everything on that line is ignored during the process.
the # sign indicates a setting or define parameter.
//#define DUAL this is single extruder because #define DUAL is commented out
#define DUAL this would be dual extruder because you are making a definition of "DUAL"

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Different code and IDE software can use different characters for commenting out a line.
For example, some stuff likes // and others use ;

Typically, we put comments in code to help explain to the novice for easy editing.
That's why you see the line commented, and then a comment at the end of the line
//#define DUAL //Comment this line to get single head version firmware
The first // make the whole line not read to be used, however, the second // is there so the actual word comments are not confused when the entire line is uncommented.

biaggiboy

Postby biaggiboy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:25 pm

ok so the // in front mean it is single head version then. so this part,
// This defines the number of extruders
#ifdef DUAL
#define EXTRUDERS 2
#else
#define EXTRUDERS 1
#endif

means the #define EXTRUDERS 2 gets overlooked and the #define EXTRUDERS 1 is what is read?

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Yes, that's how an IF statement works.
Notice it starts with an IF and ends with an endif
else is one example of a way to make a conditional switch.

sylus

Postby sylus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:09 pm

I let some gcode files included M851 ZXX for offset fine setting
Attachments
BLtouch raise3D N2-N2plus Zoffset.zip
(58.58 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

firesped

Postby firesped » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:24 pm

My issue with playing with the Z probe on the current firmware is that the current firmware is using CUSTOM M CODES to set the Z endstop as a Z probe and that the z probe section may be modified. the reason I am saying to wait is because raise3d is looking at the firmware for the current RC right now which has all the BLtouch coding in it. This is why I need to go out to my mail box and get the bltouch I ordered out of it. so I can figure out a mount to install it and all the other cabling work to hook it up. yay for pulling the cable chain apart again!
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

sylus

Postby sylus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Very Funny.....the reply from Raise3D was "I'm so sorry that we don't have such plan so far."
It for that I decide to implement by myself and share it, if raise3D change their mind, very well.
Today my solution is not perfect but works wells , limited to my knowledge, my credo is if they don't want to do it'd it yourself.

firesped

Postby firesped » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:49 pm

I took the time to figure out how to get the RC to work on the printer and i sent it off to them. technically the RC is not stable. I actually had to move from the RC to RCBugFix due to some bugs. RC9 should have those bugs fixed when it releases.
printers:

sylus

Postby sylus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:56 pm

firesped wrote:I took the time to figure out how to get the RC to work on the printer and i sent it off to them. technically the RC is not stable. I actually had to move from the RC to RCBugFix due to some bugs. RC9 should have those bugs fixed when it releases.

Great they have free innovation engineers, hope they will offer you some free spool :lol:

firesped

Postby firesped » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:18 pm

looking into where I would want to put this on the extruder. putting it on the on the left side is not idea due to priming intructions placing the zprobe off the bed. z safe home will not allow the z home if the z probe is off the bed (this may have been broken in the current firmware on the printer btw)
printers:

Phife

Postby Phife » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:33 pm

I have no problems with it off the front left side, works fine.. If you guys want I can share my Left 40mm fan mount that holds the BL Touch. It has mounting locations for a back cooling fan but its not complete yet so I dont really want to share that. Also the part cooling is blocked permanently with the fan mount so you will need another fan for part cooling or modify the part to allow the cooling again.

firesped

Postby firesped » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:49 pm

I have a blower fan mounted on the back of my housing. I have an idea for a better location to mount it though, but it will take a bit of design work to make. there are 2 screw holes on the front. my plan is to make an adjustable mounting system that uses those.
printers:

eagle1xray

Postby eagle1xray » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:34 am

So ordering a BLtouch then! ill wait for the firmware from Raise3D to support it...this is excellent news! i wouldnt mind having everything connected, installed and just wait for firmware

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:30 am

Works on mine I'll use the S3D slicer to adjust the Z gap. It's easier.

Return to “Hardware”