Bltouch on Raise3d

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
xatazch

Re: Bltouch on Raise3d

Postby xatazch » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:07 pm

sylus wrote:
xatazch wrote:Grate then i just need to check what to change in the firmware and then we can test it. If someone other do this before me. please post a quick guide on how to do everything and if some one do a BLTouch mount then please share the design.

For mount and working FIRMWARE http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1903054

DAMN That is nice. thx for the grate design. :) ahh the firmware files are in the can you please write what you have changed in the firmware? if there is a firmware update then i want to update the new firmware with the same settings. Can you add a photo on how you have connected this on the board?

sylus

Postby sylus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:52 pm

Firmware was an moded offcial github Raise3D marlin.
It include:
-Disable reversing Z enstop
- Activation of servo driving (M280)
-Activation of auto bed leveling and safe homing (set to grid 5 points per line:20 points)
-Setting of Z offset (M851)
-Setting of probe offsets from the left noozzle
-Activation of eeprom (memory storing value override firmware original setting eg Z offset)

An separated start gcode is required to implement probe safe mangment and autocalibration before each print)

For wiring
Brown (G) and Red (5v) plug into 5v pin (picture 3)

Orange (S) plug into the 3rd EXP3 pin from the top to the bottom on the right (picture 2)
Black an White in the Z- connector (picture 1)
Attachments
3.png
3.png (245.98 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
2.png
2.png (220.98 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
1.png
1.png (171.74 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
Last edited by sylus on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sylus

Postby sylus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:03 pm

Firmware 1.1.6 online

allanzo

Postby allanzo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:27 am

Would you mind posting your Configuration.h file?

sylus

Postby sylus » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:36 am

allanzo wrote:Would you mind posting your Configuration.h file?

sure
Attachments
Configuration.h
(39.06 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

allanzo

Postby allanzo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:57 pm

Thanks sylus!

xatazch

Postby xatazch » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:21 am

i got some problems after uppdating the firmware. i get a "clicking" sound from the x and y steppers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMkRUm3_4jo&t=0s (Bad focus byt you should here the "clicking" sound. Any ides of what can do this? i do not see anything in the Configuration.h that should be the reason of the sound. when the printer is leveling the bed everything sounds good but when the printer starts to print the printer get the clicking sound.

Phife

Postby Phife » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:33 am

So does this actually work? Im very interested in Auto bed level with BL touch.

sylus

Postby sylus » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:58 am

xatazch wrote:i got some problems after uppdating the firmware. i get a "clicking" sound from the x and y steppers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMkRUm3_4jo&t=0s (Bad focus byt you should here the "clicking" sound. Any ides of what can do this? i do not see anything in the Configuration.h that should be the reason of the sound. when the printer is leveling the bed everything sounds good but when the printer starts to print the printer get the clicking sound.

During G29 process click is probe touch the glass.
during printing XY you should check belt tension ,position of gears and stepper current.

sylus

Postby sylus » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:00 am

Phife wrote:So does this actually work? Im very interested in Auto bed level with BL touch.

Yes it works, we are small amount people to use BLtouch but it will work for you too

Phife

Postby Phife » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:21 pm

Ok! I got a BLtouch and I am working on a new mount to fit my custom cooling fans.

I am confident I can install the BLtouch and wire everything up correctly, the only concerns I have are in regards to the firmware. I got a pre-order N2+ Dual. Anything I should know before I install this?

xatazch

Postby xatazch » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:38 pm

sylus wrote:
xatazch wrote:i got some problems after uppdating the firmware. i get a "clicking" sound from the x and y steppers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMkRUm3_4jo&t=0s (Bad focus byt you should here the "clicking" sound. Any ides of what can do this? i do not see anything in the Configuration.h that should be the reason of the sound. when the printer is leveling the bed everything sounds good but when the printer starts to print the printer get the clicking sound.

During G29 process click is probe touch the glass.
during printing XY you should check belt tension ,position of gears and stepper current.

humm i found the problem it is the Zstepper motor that are doing the strange sound all belts and screws are tight so i am thinking if there is something wrong with the stepper :(

xatazch

Postby xatazch » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Phife wrote:Ok! I got a BLtouch and I am working on a new mount to fit my custom cooling fans.

I am confident I can install the BLtouch and wire everything up correctly, the only concerns I have are in regards to the firmware. I got a pre-order N2+ Dual. Anything I should know before I install this?

how do your custom cooling fans look like?

Phife

Postby Phife » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:16 pm

Ok, Ive got the BL touch installed and wired in. But im not sure what to do about the firmware. I have a custom mount and my sensor is in the front left corner as close to the nozzle as possible. Im sure the firmware from here will not work for my setup and since I cant edit the .firm files I dont know how to change the settings for the probe offset.

I tried looking at the release firmware from Raise3D, i changed the values for the BL Touch there, but the firmware wont compile correctly. Not sure what to do at this point.

Can anyone advise?

firesped

Postby firesped » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:55 am

I'm working on getting the latest firmware working. there was an issue I has having with the compiler due to code errors, I've moved to the bugfixRC now.
RL name: Michael Nolen

sylus

Postby sylus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:55 am

Phife wrote:Ok, Ive got the BL touch installed and wired in. But im not sure what to do about the firmware. I have a custom mount and my sensor is in the front left corner as close to the nozzle as possible. Im sure the firmware from here will not work for my setup and since I cant edit the .firm files I dont know how to change the settings for the probe offset.

I tried looking at the release firmware from Raise3D, i changed the values for the BL Touch there, but the firmware wont compile correctly. Not sure what to do at this point.

Can anyone advise?

Need to change in configuration.h
that :
// The edges of the rectangle in which to probe
#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 44
#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 305
#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 31
#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 305

and that:

// Offsets to the probe relative to the extruder tip (Hotend - Probe)
// X and Y offsets must be integers
#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 44 // Probe on: -left +right
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 31 // Probe on: -front +behind
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -0.7 // -below (always!)

compilation will be fine with Arduino 1.0.6

Phife

Postby Phife » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:17 pm

Thanks sylus,

That cant be all that we need to change can it? Dont we need to also Invert Z endstop to false, enable servos and enable bed leveling?

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:37 pm

Wire thread through ready. Quite please I did that as there was a screw missing from the fan and there is a fine white dust over everything. No idea where that came from. Looks like a fire extinguisher has been set off near it

firesped

Postby firesped » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:58 pm

making progress on the firmware. had to modify the config_printsettings to match the current information.
RL name: Michael Nolen

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:04 pm

So the file on the Thingiverse page is not the right one ?

Return to “Hardware”