Copy print files from the Pro2 to USB?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
pjyarnall

Copy print files from the Pro2 to USB?

Postby pjyarnall » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:33 pm

I often don't save (export) files to my computer for a given part because they are "experiments". However if a print works out well then I might want to save it or give it to a colleague. I have not found a way to copy a file from the local storage back to a flash drive, (or the networked computer for that matter). I can click the Edit button and copy button below, but all that does is put another copy of eh part on local storage. What's the point in that?

Am I missing something obvious here?
Pro 2

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Copy print files from the Pro2 to USB?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:30 am

Which version of the touchscreen firmware you are currently using?
This function should be already added in the latest version.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5957 -- Export Local Storage

pjyarnall

Postby pjyarnall » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi Vicky,

I reviewed the link - post you referenced above. The problem was not knowing about the setting buried deep in Privacy to enable exporting.

That fixed the issue. This speaks to the overall problem of documentation. The link you provided was up long before I acquired my Pro2. There doesn't seem to be any specific documentation detailing the settings and functions of the Touch Screen. Such documentation may have saved both of us some time.

In checking the downloads on the Raise3d site, the latest version of touchscreen software is 0.9.7. My printer is printing and won't let me into some settings to check, but I have never seen that number before. My version is 0.9.11.612 and FWR: 0-0-31. Where will I find the touchscreen version number?

Thanks.
Pro 2

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:49 am

The latest version on website is 0.9.11, yours is 0.9.11 as well. Should be the latest (or almost latest as the one on website didn't list the last three numbers in detail). To double confirm, you still can download one from website and try to flash it with reboot the printer. If the firmware on website is higher version than yours, it will automatically being flashed.
Once you get the latest version or confirm yours is the latest version, go to More Settings -> Privacy and Security to enable Enable Exporting Local Files to External Storage. Then you can export the local files in your printer to USB.

Return to “Software”