Why is dense support disabled???

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Andy Cohen

Why is dense support disabled???

Postby Andy Cohen » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:46 pm

The number of layers and density are grayed out. No obvious reason as to WHY???

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Why is dense support disabled???

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:36 pm

Screenshot can be shared here?
Or have you enable these two settings under Filament Settings?
1.png

Andy Cohen

Postby Andy Cohen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:09 pm

I see no way to post screen captures in your forum at all. Regardless...
The override checkbox is checked. Yes... unchecking it turns on the fields... I suggest you put some way for the end user to be able to figure that out. Perhaps a small question mark button which explains where to go if disabled. Finding it myself was impossible.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:41 pm

On posting screen caps, the problem is other than text, this entire forum system does not allow any copy and paste. All images must be uploaded. For all those nifty guides and tutorials I post, probably thousands and thousands of screenshots, what I have to do is use MS Paint.
The sequence is (keep in mind, this is Windows based instructions):
Use ALT+Printscreen to capture a specific "active" window or dialog box, or use just prinstscreen to capture the entire desktop (sometimes to show a dropdown menu in action, you have to use printscreen because any other action collapses the dropdown) and then
Open paint, and I create a very small window, so that when I paste (CRTL+V) or right click and paste, the base image size scales to the size just copied in.
small base image in paint.png

To crop a full screen down to a specific dialog box, you just use the crop tool, copy the selected area, in paint start a new object, paste again only the selected area and then save as a jpg or png (portable network graphic). Technically, png is often the smallest file size.
dropdown.jpg

Then there is also a rule that you can upload no more than 5 photos per posting.
Then to place them in the text, you have to upload them first, preview because the sort order changes (skipping this preview step before placing "inline" links in your text results in the incorrect image file matching up).

So yes, I'm with you, posting here is a pain.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:36 am

We are considering how to improve to user interface of this setting overriding section.

Return to “Software”