Uploaded file in random position

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
stevetriple
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:27 pm

Uploaded file in random position

Postby stevetriple » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 am

Hi everyone, I need to have my uploaded file via IdeaMaker in chronological order but in the software they are all in random order, how can I fix it?

Jetguy
Posts: 2529
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Uploaded file in random position

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:43 pm

stevetriple wrote:Hi everyone, I need to have my uploaded file via IdeaMaker in chronological order but in the software they are all in random order, how can I fix it?

Well more likely than not, you recently updated your Raise touch version on the printer. As such, it's good to know what new features they added because back in version 0.9.9 (because 0.9.10 was just released very early today to fix or change some things in 0.9.9), they added the sort function https://www.raise3d.com/pages/touchscre ... ease-notes
Version 0.9.9 - May 16, 2018
Added sorting options for files and folders inside Local storage and USB storage
And, this time around, they even made a complete separate webpage that even had screenshots of the new sorting function.
Mine defaulted to sort by name and so yes, sorting by name would be different than the previous assumed function of sorting by date, so yes, set back to by date.
Sort1.png

sort2.png

Jetguy
Posts: 2529
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Uploaded file in random position

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Also, consider updating your Raisetouch version to 0.9.10 after carefully reviewing the release notes for changes and fixes in that version.
Just to recap, we were at an odd point in time:
0.9.7 is the last stable version in recent history I personally recommend. This is because many new features were added in 0.9.9 and some of them were not a huge success and many users were unhappy with 0.9.9, not to mention, there is a bug in 0.9.9 that print resume may not restore the temperatures. This was fixed in 0.9.10 (according to the release notes), I'm testing now. And, update, I've confirmed this remote connection in Ideamaker does not follow the same sort as you choose on the LCD display at the printer.
Again, the point being, rare but did happen, you either stayed (or rolled back to this version) at 0.9.7 to avoid the bugs and new features in 0.9.9, or you go forward to 0.9.10 to be on the latest version that "fixes" 0.9.9 problems. It's one step forward or one step back, but 0.9.9 had some issues.

And now, it appears at least one "feature" implemented in 0.9.9, not changed/fixed in 0.9.10 could affect users.
So now, it's 2 steps back, or one step forward 0.9.7 or the yet future higher than 0.9.10.
Last edited by Jetguy on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevetriple
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Uploaded file in random position

Postby stevetriple » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Jetguy wrote:
stevetriple wrote:Hi everyone, I need to have my uploaded file via IdeaMaker in chronological order but in the software they are all in random order, how can I fix it?

Well more likely than not, you recently updated your Raise touch version on the printer. As such, it's good to know what new features they added because back in version 0.9.9 (because 0.9.10 was just released very early today to fix or change some things in 0.9.9), they added the sort function https://www.raise3d.com/pages/touchscre ... ease-notes
Version 0.9.9 - May 16, 2018
Added sorting options for files and folders inside Local storage and USB storage
And, this time around, they even made a complete separate webpage that even had screenshots of the new sorting function.
Mine defaulted to sort by name and so yes, sorting by name would be different than the previous assumed function of sorting by date, so yes, set back to by date.
Sort1.png

sort2.png


Yeah, sure I noticed that, but you're talking about the LCD, I'm talking about IdeaMaker software, to print remotely

Jetguy
Posts: 2529
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Uploaded file in random position

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:43 pm

"how can I fix it?"
Roll back to 0.9.7 Raisetouch, the last known raisepack that did NOT sort the print file list- both the LCD screen and also affects the remote connection print list.

Jetguy
Posts: 2529
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Uploaded file in random position

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Recap:
0.9.9 Raisetouch added many features, of which many of those users are unhappy with and have caused problems
0.9.10 is intended to fix some of them- apparently there are still more that are affected by these new features (sorting appears to be a part of that)
0.9.7 is the last stable version prior to these changes that does not invoke these specific problems.

So we are back at, stay on 0.9.7 or rollback to 0.9.7 or live and workaround these new features until an even newer update comes out.

Jetguy
Posts: 2529
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Uploaded file in random position

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:44 pm

And just proved by rolling back on my own system to 0.9.7 by downloading the "Rollback" versions from the "All Versions" page https://www.raise3d.com/pages/raise-touch-all-versions
Corrects the remote sorting to at least be the same old option- sort by date/time uploaded.
Remote connection print sort Raisetouch097.jpg

Jetguy
Posts: 2529
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Uploaded file in random position

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:58 pm


User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3768
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Uploaded file in random position

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:10 am

ideaMaker currently as no sorting options, all the files inside Local Storage check only be sorted by date from Remote Control side.

Jetguy
Posts: 2529
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Uploaded file in random position

Postby Jetguy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:10 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:ideaMaker currently as no sorting options, all the files inside Local Storage check only be sorted by date from Remote Control side.


No, this is an incorrect statement. At least 2 of us have proven and with screenshots that a couple of things are happening.
#1 Default sort after upgrading to 0.9.10 (that's what I tested, but the feature starts in 0.9.9) change from date/time with the most recent upload always being first on the list- to sorting by name. This is a silly change because instantly the functionality of the printer changes for the user. In other words, you literally now have to search for the file you just uploaded, and the user may think it failed to upload since they are expecting the default sort to remain what it has been.

#2 As proven by the screenshots, NO, the remote connection is NOT sorting by date, it is now sorting by name. Even after changing the setting on the printer LCD to different sort options, the local LCD and remote connection print file list of local storage do NOT match!!

Go back, properly investigate this serious bug report.
Proven again on yet another printer I now have to roll back to 0.9.7 to fix viewtopic.php?f=3&p=32254#p32253

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3768
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Uploaded file in random position

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Have seen your report. We will try to debug it out.
Thanks for your time.


Return to “Software”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests