What constitutes bridging in Ideamaker?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
detroitus

What constitutes bridging in Ideamaker?

Postby detroitus » Mon May 21, 2018 8:00 pm

I'm trying to figure what the technical criteria is for Ideamaker to consider an unsupported structure a "bridge" when slicing a model. I have had many models with largish, unsupported gaps that my N2 should be capable of bridging without trouble, but the slicer hits it with a "solid infill" layer. In many cases that's not a problem, but it becomes very problematic in some cases, especially when printing parts using "concentric" infill.

I sliced several test pieces to show what I mean. In the image I've shown two consecutive layers of the test parts. The second image is the layer where bridging should occur. I'm trying to understand this completely. From the images, it appears that the software only recognizes "bridging" when the connection is being made between two completely isolated parts (such as the two independent islands, the letter 'A', or the random shape with the island in the middle). Is this a standard among splicer software or is it unique to IdeaMaker?

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: What constitutes bridging in Ideamaker?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 am

Would you like to share your .stl, .gcode and .data files to test with us?

detroitus

Postby detroitus » Tue May 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Sure. I was more looking for an explanation on how the software functions, though. Does it only recognize isolated features as needing "bridges" or is it supposed to be any unsupported structure of significant size?
Attachments
STL files.zip
(23.16 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
BRIDGING TEST.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 5 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 23, 2018 10:28 am

I'm so sorry that the current version of ideaMaker only takes isolated features into consideration.
Will feedback you needs to software department. They may can open more in future versions so that the bridge structures can be generated properly on your model.

Return to “Software”