Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.11 Release Note 2018.6.14

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Alex M.

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Alex M. » Wed May 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Stanislav wrote:Hi Vicky
I installed the old version but no result could it be a hardware problem?

I found that after an update many times I have to "reset to factory defaults" before I can get any ethernet connectivity. How are you connected to your printer? Are you using ethernet? If so, do you have access to a 100Mbps router or switch you could use to connect to your printer?

The reason I ask is that I have been having similar connection issues and don't think it has anything to do with ideaMaker but more a core issue with the iMX6 processor which runs the Touchscreen. You can read more about my findings here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8489

Hope this helps!

billbucket

Postby billbucket » Wed May 23, 2018 11:29 pm

Billucas wrote:
Casale8 wrote:No ma'am. The Bed does not stop at the stopped height, the bed moves down to about the middle of the available Z. Almost as if it were intended to offer our hands more room to remove the model from the bed.

I have the same observation. It is 4 inches lower than before the last update.

My Pro2 moves twice. It moves the Z down 100mm after stopping a print, then the XY axes go home, then the Z moves down ANOTHER 100mm. It's kind of ridiculous.

Allan Sche Sar

Postby Allan Sche Sar » Fri May 25, 2018 6:20 pm

I have a issue with the new firmware. I can't rename the file name before the upload started. Is this issue known?
The picture shows the window witch one I use to get a correct gcode name.

Edit: sorry wrong topic. Can a Mod please move my article to the correct ideamaker software topic?
Attachments
Raise3D N1 Issue.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue May 29, 2018 5:31 am

Casale8 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Casale8 wrote:
This was a bad idea to not let people know you were making this change and not provide an option for it to stay at it's current bed height. It automatically shut off bed temp, and if printing at 110°C it takes a bunch of minutes to get back up to what temp was lost.

Notes taken. We will try to bring the options you mentioned into reality in future versions.
What worries us is whether 110C heat will be harmful or not during removing or clean the build surface after one print completes and before the next one starts.

I understand the concern for the 110°C being from one print to the next. The problem is high temp is required with ABS settings... And, many have had issues with ABS printing on the N series. I, on one material in particular have had issues with this new drop in the bed because I of material failure and the N2 overlapping of solid layers (not yet addressed by Raise3D in http://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8431. Stopping and restarting may happen often to get the settings just right, including between materials. I would like it to not have to wait for the bed to finish dropping (if I stop the print) because I have to manually set the bed temp to 110°C (saving a long reheat time). It takes quite some time to get back to 110°C.

By the time the material has failed or needs settings adjustments, I can have updated print settings so that I can remove the failed print and start with new settings quickly. This new bed adjustment setting adds minutes between prints. Unless a new setting to be added for the bed temp to not drop at the stop of a print, The bed adjustment to the middle just causes unnecessary time.

I understand your needs on bed heating. Have already added it into developing list. And please watch out the heat during operation once this option being open.
And for the Z drop default setting change, we will open this option for customer to set themselves in future versions.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue May 29, 2018 5:36 am

billbucket wrote:
Billucas wrote:
Casale8 wrote:No ma'am. The Bed does not stop at the stopped height, the bed moves down to about the middle of the available Z. Almost as if it were intended to offer our hands more room to remove the model from the bed.

I have the same observation. It is 4 inches lower than before the last update.

My Pro2 moves twice. It moves the Z down 100mm after stopping a print, then the XY axes go home, then the Z moves down ANOTHER 100mm. It's kind of ridiculous.

It has been fixed already. We will release a new version soon.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue May 29, 2018 7:19 am

Allan Sche Sar wrote:I have a issue with the new firmware. I can't rename the file name before the upload started. Is this issue known?
The picture shows the window witch one I use to get a correct gcode name.

Edit: sorry wrong topic. Can a Mod please move my article to the correct ideamaker software topic?

Doesn't Inputting the file name you want to change into the blank of Rename to work for you?

Allan Sche Sar

Postby Allan Sche Sar » Tue May 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Doesn't Inputting the file name you want to change into the blank of Rename to work for you?

When I change the file name and press upload, then the windows is clossing. After 1 second or less the same window comes up with the original file name. Do you want a short video to get a better understanding?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 30, 2018 7:39 am

Allan Sche Sar wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Doesn't Inputting the file name you want to change into the blank of Rename to work for you?

When I change the file name and press upload, then the windows is clossing. After 1 second or less the same window comes up with the original file name. Do you want a short video to get a better understanding?

If it is possible to get a video, that will be perfect.
Thanks a lot!

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed May 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Jetguy wrote:
Jetguy wrote:Sorry If I have contributed to that confusion.
#1 I still believe that in most cases, we are at a point you should attempt to update to the latest version to get all the features and improvements with both firmware version (Raisetouch and Marlin). We are still in the bug fixing and new feature in nearly every update.

Again, as noted, the latest Raisepack 0.9.9 does add even more features, some of them security related (invoking a password to connect over the network to the printer with Ideamaker) that are for all models of Raise 3D printers (Pro and non Pro).
I personally run at a minimum, the previous 0.9.7 raisepack and again, nothing "wrong" IMO with the 0.9.9, the users are mostly upset about lack of a camera and change on distance moved when a print is cancelled. I personally do not see those as reasons not to update, but again, that's my personal usage scenario.

So actually, I am wrong and missed a pretty major issue when writing this. 0.9.9 Raisetouch does have a print resume failure as identified by others. 0.9.7 did not have this issue. So yes, sadly, stay at Raise Touch 0.9.7 until a newer version higher than 0.9.9 comes out. Raise 3D probably should pull the update and put 0.9.7 listed until the new fix comes out.

We have debugged the cooling down issue. Will update a new version very soon.

So it's been a few days, where is the new fixed update higher than 0.9.9? ("debugged the cooling down issue."). Again, worried for others running this update, I've stayed on 0.9.7 because of this.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Jetguy wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Jetguy wrote:
So actually, I am wrong and missed a pretty major issue when writing this. 0.9.9 Raisetouch does have a print resume failure as identified by others. 0.9.7 did not have this issue. So yes, sadly, stay at Raise Touch 0.9.7 until a newer version higher than 0.9.9 comes out. Raise 3D probably should pull the update and put 0.9.7 listed until the new fix comes out.

We have debugged the cooling down issue. Will update a new version very soon.

So it's been a few days, where is the new fixed update higher than 0.9.9? ("debugged the cooling down issue."). Again, worried for others running this update, I've stayed on 0.9.7 because of this.

As far as I known, the software team has already finished the update version and currently running tests and preparing release notes for it.

Allan Sche Sar

Postby Allan Sche Sar » Thu May 31, 2018 6:11 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Allan Sche Sar wrote:

If it is possible to get a video, that will be perfect.
Thanks a lot!

Okay, I want to make a video, but today I can't produce this bug again :(

Allan Sche Sar

Postby Allan Sche Sar » Thu May 31, 2018 11:09 am

Hello,
know the problem is still available.
In this short video you can find the crazy thing. When I wrote crazy letter, then runs.

https://youtu.be/dOU186OX6pY

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Have you tried with Click "Upload" button by mouse under typing the new name in?
As in this window, the default focus button is "Cancel". If you want to use shortcut, you can try Crtl+u.

1.png

Allan Sche Sar

Postby Allan Sche Sar » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:41 pm

Ohhh thanks. Yes that was the problem. The default button is cancel.
It is possible to change the default button?

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:18 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Casale8 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Notes taken. We will try to bring the options you mentioned into reality in future versions.
What worries us is whether 110C heat will be harmful or not during removing or clean the build surface after one print completes and before the next one starts.

I understand the concern for the 110°C being from one print to the next. The problem is high temp is required with ABS settings... And, many have had issues with ABS printing on the N series. I, on one material in particular have had issues with this new drop in the bed because I of material failure and the N2 overlapping of solid layers (not yet addressed by Raise3D in http://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8431. Stopping and restarting may happen often to get the settings just right, including between materials. I would like it to not have to wait for the bed to finish dropping (if I stop the print) because I have to manually set the bed temp to 110°C (saving a long reheat time). It takes quite some time to get back to 110°C.

By the time the material has failed or needs settings adjustments, I can have updated print settings so that I can remove the failed print and start with new settings quickly. This new bed adjustment setting adds minutes between prints. Unless a new setting to be added for the bed temp to not drop at the stop of a print, The bed adjustment to the middle just causes unnecessary time.

I understand your needs on bed heating. Have already added it into developing list. And please watch out the heat during operation once this option being open.
And for the Z drop default setting change, we will open this option for customer to set themselves in future versions.

Thanks.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:32 am

Allan Sche Sar wrote:Ohhh thanks. Yes that was the problem. The default button is cancel.
It is possible to change the default button?

We will fix it in next version. Thanks for you feedback.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.10 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:03 am

Hi All,

We have just released the updated version of RaiseTouch 0.9.10 with a few new features and fixed a bug.
Please check the updates: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8439&p=30780#p30780.

Jetguy

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.10 Release Note 2018.6.5

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:RaiseTouch 0.9.10, 2018.6.5
Based on the feedbacks from users of RaiseTouch version 0.9.10, we have added a few new features and fixed a bug with the new version.

NEW FEATURES
Added Extruder Offset Settings for N series printers.

I just want to make sure my fellow users go back and read the release notes for 0.9.9 where this feature was added for the Pro2 series, but not the N series. If you use an old offset dual extrusion print file and have this enabled- or forget and do not update your Ideamaker or other slicer profiles- this can apply a double offset. Again, I highly suggest all users pay attention to this who do dual extrusion, this is a good change, but is a rather large difference from "the way it used to work". Again, this is actually a very good change, but it's one of those paradigm shifts where a rather significant change in the way dual extrusion coordinates is handled.

Just to list it out:
Pros:
    Makes the gcode print file and dual extruder agnostic. This means that the same print file can print on a print farm of printers, each adjusted for it's own custom slight offsets, and since the printer does the application of the offsets- the same agnostic print files works on all of them.
    Since this is the way many other slicers and printers work- preview in various alternate gcode previewers will look "correct" because there is no gcode offset in the print file. Again, this is a huge change and the way much of the rest of the 3D printing industry has been working for a long time.
    Makes tuning the offset easier- no need to reslice the file over and over. Just print, change the offset, print again, until the offset in firmware is correct.
Cons:
    Old print files made with an offset requires changing the setting in firmware to disable the offset- luckily, this is a toggle and retains your settings so that you can easily do this from the touch screen.

Added Enable Extruder Offset and Extruder Offset settings under More Settings -> Hardware -> Extruders.
Firmware dual extruder offset.png

If you have edited the Extruder Offset in IdeaMaker or other slicer, please disable this option in case of an incorrect calculation for dual-extrusion prints. Again, also ensure you label or remember that old print files created before this change- they require disabling the extruder offset in firmware because the actual gcode already has been offset.
Ideamaker extruder offset.jpg
S3D extruder offset.jpg

Korni

Postby Korni » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:44 pm

@Jetguy ... you do not react to PN unfortunately :-(
Do you have Pro2 Plus profiles for S3D? I would like to continue working with S3D, but unfortunately there are no S3D profiles for the new Pro2 Plus printer.
Pro2+ Image

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Add to the bug list, the sorting feature added in 0.9.9 and also in 0.9.10 affects the file list order of the remote connection in Ideamaker.
Further, it's not matching. Say example you sort by date on the printer. The assumption would be that the print list as seen in the Remote connection would be the same sort order- however, it seems to be defaulting to something else and is not changeable in the remote interface window. As seen in this topic viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9231

Here, you can see the mismatch where the expectation is the exact same print file on both screens should be the first on the list.
Remote connection print sort.jpg

VS
IMG_0365.JPG

The most recent uploaded file was the "75 degree cone PLA2.gcode" and the "75 degree cone PETG.gcode", and the printer LCD correctly sorts and shows this after changing the default sort after loading the latest 0.9.10 raisetouch from "name" to "date". I think this default changed the internal list, and so even though now the sort was changed for the LCD- the remote file structure sorting is affected and appears to be doing it by "name".
Last edited by Jetguy on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Software”