Pro 2 App?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Hellsbellsidaho

Pro 2 App?

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Sat May 05, 2018 12:51 am

I am new to Raise3D products and just received my Pro2 today. Is there an app for my iPhone and iPad that I can view the camera while printing?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Pro 2 App?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat May 05, 2018 6:39 am

No, currently you can only connect camera and control your printer via ideaMaker on your computer.
App and remote control are under developing. We will release more information later.

Korni

Postby Korni » Sat May 05, 2018 7:20 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:No, currently you can only connect camera and control your printer via ideaMaker on your computer.
App and remote control are under developing. We will release more information later.

This is not a good service, really weak from Raise3D :roll:

Noren

Postby Noren » Sat May 05, 2018 7:46 am

We are still waiting for the camera and app for the previous models. :(

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat May 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Korni wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:No, currently you can only connect camera and control your printer via ideaMaker on your computer.

This is not a good service, really weak from Raise3D :roll:

Thanks for your comments at first!
We are do trying our best to keep on developing new functions to fulfill needs from different fields.
Please kindly understand that preparation, developing, test and debugging all take time and resources to complete one by one.
And for things on plan or under developing which are not yet reach to the final version, it's hard to give more detailed information such as what it will look like in the end and when we can reach it.

Noren

Postby Noren » Sat May 05, 2018 6:30 pm

What we need here is for you as a company to be more transparent. Look at how Prusa handle cunstomer support and give updates in progress and development. Set a deadline. Tell us about the deadline. Keep the deadline. That’s how easy it is. But don’t keep us in the dark.

Hellsbellsidaho

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Mon May 07, 2018 2:26 pm

For a printer that has been working so well so far not having an IOS app is disappointing. As for transparency I moved over from Robo because of their lack of transparency. Purchased the Robo R2 last August with the intent of adding the second printer head when it was supposed to be released in January and it never happened. They would never give a firm date so I gave up and moved on.

SpaceNinjaPirate

Postby SpaceNinjaPirate » Wed May 09, 2018 2:53 am

Noren wrote:What we need here is for you as a company to be more transparent. Look at how Prusa handle cunstomer support and give updates in progress and development. Set a deadline. Tell us about the deadline. Keep the deadline. That’s how easy it is. But don’t keep us in the dark.

Ahem... just for the sake of argument, as an owner of a couple of Prusas who has frequented the Prusa forums for answers to some of the issues I (and a number of other MK3 owners) am having, the lack of communication from anyone from Prusa Research (including customer support personnel) for many of the major issues currently needing attention I would hardly call "transparent". I can cite specific examples if you like, but it's probably not necessary to go into detail on this forum right now.

The mere fact that Raise3D has someone here on the forums to actually say "We acknowledge your problem" or even "Thanks for your input" is already one up on Prusa Research.

I'm not saying this to downplay the issue you have, I'm merely providing an alternative view to the whole "Prusa customer support is the best" myth.

Return to “Software”