ideaMaker 3.1.7 Release Notes Updated 2018.5.11

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

ideaMaker 3.1.7 Release Notes Updated 2018.5.11

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 02, 2018 6:26 pm

ideaMaker 3.1.7 version, 2018.5.11

Based on the feedbacks from users of ideaMaker version 3.1.6, we have debugged two known issues.

Here we release the ideaMaker version 3.1.7.
Quick link:
https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download

Update 3.1.6 - 3.1.7

Fixed the crash bug during connecting to printer or view files in remote control
Fixed the issue that images not displaying correctly under High-DPI displays

=================================================================================

Dear all,

We have released the new version of ideaMaker 3.1.6 today.

Release Notes:
Added new printing templates for Pro2 series, new features requested.
Improved user interfaces.
Debugged based on user feedbacks.

Read More
https://www.raise3d.com/blogs/news/ideamaker-3-1-6
Download ideaMaker 3.1.6: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download

Korni

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.6 Release Notes

Postby Korni » Wed May 02, 2018 7:16 pm

And again NO German translation :-(

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed May 02, 2018 7:35 pm

Just out of curiosity, I'm trying to understand this feature at the slicing level:
Added the Option to Enable or Disable Fan Speed Settings

Once you disable Use PWM-Controllable Fans under Printer Settings, the fan speed settings under Advanced Settings will become inactive. If there are no controllable fans on your printer, you can disable this option.

I'm just trying to understand the need for this. Example would be say 3rd party printer support, but even then, lets say their printer does use PWM fans, it would just be ignored anyway?

I just get the feeling someone requested this and I cannot follow the logic on it. There might be a good reason or example, so I kind of want to know to understand that reason (what printer this was requested for) so that I then know what printers has kind of a wonky setup to not send PWM fan gcodes to. Or, it would just seem logical to me, to remove the setpoints in the layer list. Again, sorry, I just really have a curiosity of the printer example where one would even request this setting, let alone use it.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed May 02, 2018 7:42 pm

Also, while this release fixed/added the M107 to the end gcode for the Pro2 series, from what I can tell even after using the restore to defaults, the older series profiles did not also add this? The code needs added to every single factory supplied profile as a default. Users with 3rd party printers, they make their own profile or copy or use an existing template, and again, for 99.999% of all printers out there, this still would be valid to turn off everything (including the typical layer controlled print cooling fan) likely turned on during the print.
Hopefully in the next next version. All that said, extremely fast release cycle and update there. :o

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Thu May 03, 2018 1:06 am

As I mentioned in the other ideaMaker thread, I don't think the M107 command is necessary for Raise3d N2 printers with a single extruder. Our printer functions correctly without the M107 code.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu May 03, 2018 6:09 am

Jetguy wrote:Just out of curiosity, I'm trying to understand this feature at the slicing level:
Added the Option to Enable or Disable Fan Speed Settings

Once you disable Use PWM-Controllable Fans under Printer Settings, the fan speed settings under Advanced Settings will become inactive. If there are no controllable fans on your printer, you can disable this option.

I'm just trying to understand the need for this. Example would be say 3rd party printer support, but even then, lets say their printer does use PWM fans, it would just be ignored anyway?

I just get the feeling someone requested this and I cannot follow the logic on it. There might be a good reason or example, so I kind of want to know to understand that reason (what printer this was requested for) so that I then know what printers has kind of a wonky setup to not send PWM fan gcodes to. Or, it would just seem logical to me, to remove the setpoints in the layer list. Again, sorry, I just really have a curiosity of the printer example where one would even request this setting, let alone use it.

The reason why we develop this feature is for stopping confusing the customers who own the dual-extruder N series' printer. As by default, there is no PWM controllable fan on dual-extruder N series' printer. We are keeping on getting questions from customer asking why editing the fan speed doesn't show any difference during printing from beginning to now.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu May 03, 2018 8:05 am

Jetguy wrote:Also, while this release fixed/added the M107 to the end gcode for the Pro2 series, from what I can tell even after using the restore to defaults, the older series profiles did not also add this? The code needs added to every single factory supplied profile as a default. Users with 3rd party printers, they make their own profile or copy or use an existing template, and again, for 99.999% of all printers out there, this still would be valid to turn off everything (including the typical layer controlled print cooling fan) likely turned on during the print.
Hopefully in the next next version. All that said, extremely fast release cycle and update there. :o

We have added M106 S0 in all the printing templates. You can see it with Restore Default.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu May 03, 2018 10:33 am

I know this might seem petty, but M106 S0 and M107 are not the same thing.
Yes, M106 sets PWM to the minimum and thus the fan does not spin, however, that is not true off.
M107 is proper off.
The idea being again, proper standards. As a rule, you turn off- true off, anything you turned on at the end of a print.

The issue with dual extruder owners not understanding a constant on fan- that's a user error, it just needs corrected with proper training and manuals. Changing the gcode and settings for that reason??

Again, here is just a case where I don't agree with the decisions, I've stated my reasons.

Also, I read your comment here in this semi related topic viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6299&p=29805#p29805
"We tested on our single-extruder printer, the fan didn't stop after print completed."
Again, lacking details, what that a 3.1.0 Ideamaker produced gcode or a 3.1.6 produced gcode, and we are talking about the single extruder factory layer cooling fan and the fact the new default end code with M106 S0 for whatever reason failed to turn off the fan at the end of the print?

Kind of what I'm getting at here.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu May 03, 2018 10:41 am

And sorry, I'm not trying to make this some huge discussion, just correct a simple issue and establish a proper "standard" of operation.

DS2017

Postby DS2017 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:15 pm

I'm currently on 3.1.0.
Help > Software Update is saying 'Current version is newest.'
Seems like it's not working for me, and so I have to go to the website and re-download and reinstall again (and lose settings)?

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu May 03, 2018 4:42 pm

Yes, go to the site and download. No you do not lose settings. All my old profiles were maintained.

Being dead honest, I've never seen the check for updates to work. I guess maybe, once that I remember in all this time.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 04, 2018 6:01 am

Jetguy wrote:I know this might seem petty, but M106 S0 and M107 are not the same thing.
Yes, M106 sets PWM to the minimum and thus the fan does not spin, however, that is not true off.
M107 is proper off.
The idea being again, proper standards. As a rule, you turn off- true off, anything you turned on at the end of a print.

The issue with dual extruder owners not understanding a constant on fan- that's a user error, it just needs corrected with proper training and manuals. Changing the gcode and settings for that reason??

Again, here is just a case where I don't agree with the decisions, I've stated my reasons.

Also, I read your comment here in this semi related topic viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6299&p=29805#p29805
"We tested on our single-extruder printer, the fan didn't stop after print completed."
Again, lacking details, what that a 3.1.0 Ideamaker produced gcode or a 3.1.6 produced gcode, and we are talking about the single extruder factory layer cooling fan and the fact the new default end code with M106 S0 for whatever reason failed to turn off the fan at the end of the print?

Kind of what I'm getting at here.

Thanks for your comments first.
For Marlin-based printers, the M106 S0 code works the same as M107 to stop the fan. Although the definition of M106 code is for setting fan on, M107 is for setting fan off, M106 S0 code can stop fan as well.
And for the other printers, M107 code may have been deprecated, as we found this here: http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M107:_Fan_Off
But take the origin different definitions of these two codes into consideration, we will take your suggestion and use M107 to replace the current M106 S0 in future version.

About my comment in the other post you mentioned, it was tested with version 3.1.0 ideaMaker on single extruder printer with one default code-control fan.

Korni

Postby Korni » Fri May 04, 2018 9:28 am

Again .... where is the German translation please ???

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 04, 2018 9:48 am

Korni wrote:Again .... where is the German translation please ???

Our partner has already started doing this. But since there are many materials need to be translate, it may take at least another two months to complete translate and typesetting in ideaMaker.

xkrste

Postby xkrste » Fri May 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Just updated, and all my templates are gone. What the ... ??

duke666

Postby duke666 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:37 pm

many line phrases and settings in Russian are not translated! In the previous version there are still phrases not translated, now they are even more!

duke666

Postby duke666 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:47 pm

probably already asked this question: will there be an application ideamaker for tablet phones? or even worth the wait? It would be very convenient on the road or remotely to make calculations, prepare models for printing, answer customer questions on the basis of calculations. otherwise you have to carry a laptop with you, which is very large and inconvenient. Not everyone can afford a compact apple netbook.

Nobbi50

Postby Nobbi50 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Release 3.1.6 crashes very often, when I try to load an uploaded file from the internal memory of the N2+.
following message: pops up:

Runtime Error!
Programm:C:\.....\ideaMaker.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applicatiion's support team for more information.

This never happened with older versions of IdeaMaker! I installed the previous version again and there is no failiour. Then I installed the 3.1.6 again and I got the same problem.

Windows 10

Nobbi50

Postby Nobbi50 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:31 pm

There seems to be a new function when a new print is intended to start via WLAN: A hint occurs similar to "I have removed all previous printed components" in red color. But when clicking on it the same hint comes back after some milliseconds and requires to release the printer at its own display as it was in older versions. That makes no sense in my opinion :roll:

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sun May 06, 2018 4:09 pm

Nobbi50 wrote:Release 3.1.6 crashes very often, when I try to load an uploaded file from the internal memory of the N2+.
following message: pops up:

Runtime Error!
Programm:C:\.....\ideaMaker.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applicatiion's support team for more information.

This never happened with older versions of IdeaMaker! I installed the previous version again and there is no failiour. Then I installed the 3.1.6 again and I got the same problem.

Windows 10

FWIW, I'm on Win7 64bit and saw the same crash with 3.1.6. The way it invoked was I think when I went to open a new STL to slice it, there may have been the connection window open to the printer hidden behind other screens. So it could have been 2 instances open. Either way, yes I have seen the crash, no, it's not OS dependent, does seem to be specific to 3.1.6.

Return to “Software”