IdeaMaker UI question. When print is finished.

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Noren

IdeaMaker UI question. When print is finished.

Postby Noren » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:25 pm

When a print is finished the screen on the printer is showing the buttons "reprint last job", "add another job" and "done".

The IdeaMaker UI when connected to the printer is showing almost the same screen. But is missing the button "done".
Skärmavbild 2018-04-24 kl. 20.17.28.png

The logic behind the missing "done" button has been discussed before and is missing because you have to go to the printer and remove the print. So that you can't start a print without removing the last one. (I do think that we should be able to do this from the UI since I have a camera watching my printer and I can remotely make sure the printer is ready. But that is another discussion).

But why are "reprint last job" and "add another job" available in the UI of IdeaMaker?
They clearly doesn't do anything if I press them.

/Andreas

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: IdeaMaker UI question. When print is finished.

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:22 am

After you removing model from bed and pressing Done from screen, theses two buttons can work from remote control side.

Noren

Postby Noren » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:28 am

Aha. That might be obvious for some. :) But I didn't understand that. Maybe through a message about that when one click the button. Like "I can't do that Dave… please remove the print from the print bed and press done on the printer screen first Dave".

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:36 am

We are considering to remove this two buttons from remote control but add "confirm remove" there, so that workflow can be more smooth.

Return to “Software”