Reprint Last Job

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
jon_bondy

Reprint Last Job

Postby jon_bondy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:02 pm

After a print completes, I am offered "Reprint Last Job". By the time I take the build plate off, let it cool, remove the part, and replace the build plate, the build plate heater is often down to about 50. If I need it to print at 100, I just lost some time, because it takes quite a while to get to 100. But if I say "Done" and immediately get the build plate heating again, everything moves more quickly.

My point is that the Reprint Last Job facility, while well intended, is not very useful. I wonder how it could be improved.

zemlin

Re: Reprint Last Job

Postby zemlin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:32 pm

If you don't want the heated bed to shut down, delete the M140 instruction in your end script or set it to your desired idle temperature.

jetdillo

Postby jetdillo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 pm

zemlin wrote:If you don't want the heated bed to shut down, delete the M140 instruction in your end script or set it to your desired idle temperature.

Can this be done on a per-profile basis ?
There are some times I want to bang out a bunch of the same parts when I'm around the printer during the day, but there are other times when I'm letting a long job go overnight that I want to do the usual end routine.

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:10 pm

It's in the G-Code tab of the template, so you can save a hot template and a cold one.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:14 am

Would you like to explain a little bit more in detail about the your operating process which causes heating up time difference between Reprint and ‘’Done"?

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:21 am

@vicky: If I allow the bed heater to turn off, the bed starts to cool. The bed heats to around 40 fairly quickly, but it takes much longer to get to 100. So if I allow the bed heater to turn off while I remove the build plate, allow the build plate to cool a bit, remove the printed part, and return the build plate, I have a much longer wait time for the bed to return to 100 than I would if I just kept the bed at 100 the whole time. In order to reduce the inter-print delay time, I need to get back to the Home screen immediately and reset the build plate temperature to 100 before it cools down. So, I cannot afford to click Reprint until I'm ready to actually start the next print, and by that time, the build plate is already too cool. I hope this is clearer.

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Buy a second buildplate and just swap them.
It's nice to have a spare for when you break a plate, in any case.

Return to “Software”