Are Templates Updated on Import?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Julia Truchsess

Are Templates Updated on Import?

Postby Julia Truchsess » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:27 pm

I have a bunch of templates created with the printer set to "N2". If I export one of those, change the printer to "N2 V2 Hot End", and then import it, will the settings be automatically updated for compatibility with the V2 hot end? Or will I just have the old V1 template now in my list of V2 templates?

Jetguy

Re: Are Templates Updated on Import?

Postby Jetguy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:15 pm

To kind of attempt to answer the question, the issue is thinking there is something to be compatible with the V2 hotend.
The only minor change was extrusion temps (literally, the default was 215C for PLA and I think V2 uses a default of 205C).

I would either not bother moving the templates and keep on rolling with using the N2 printer definition (I have since V2 came out anyway), or, if you import, it's just the same profile copied over.

Just trying to explain, there is nothing to be compatible with.

Julia Truchsess

Postby Julia Truchsess » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Ah, thanks. I assumed there might be some parameter differences like extrusion rates, retraction, etc.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Again, just to be clear, I never used V2 templates even though I've had a V2 since the day they came out. I always used the N2 templates, all my custom profiles are there.

Are you asking because you recently updated to a V2 hotend?
If that is true, then again, even then, just roll with what you have, keep on printing with essentially a V1 profile and tune your temps for the given plastic anyway.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:21 pm

You asked a perfectly fair question, and if Raise 3D went to all the trouble to make a different machine profile, you'd think exactly what you asked, there would be some significant changes (feed rate, retraction, or some other significant parameter). I haven't found that to be valid over all this time.

Julia Truchsess

Postby Julia Truchsess » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Like you, I've used the original N2 templates even though I've had a V2 since the day they came out. I'm asking because I only just realized I've been using the "wrong" printer setting all this time, lol.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:06 am

Except the nozzle temperature, the printing speed has been reduced a little from V1 to V2. No other big difference between.
If you import your own profile into V2, the all settings will be kept the same as you set, won't be changed due to V2.

Julia Truchsess

Postby Julia Truchsess » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Thanks, Vicky, good to know.

Return to “Software”