Pause at height when slicing with Simplify3D or other software

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Pause at height when slicing with Simplify3D or other software

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:12 pm

For the time. I need to check with our software engineers and feedback to you then.

For the Z function, we will check whether we can add it and how to make it works well.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:25 am

NewbPilot wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Ok, we will set the value to 0 in next version.

ETA on next version? :)

I also want to play with filament changes at low (2mm or less) layers. I did one at 2.05mm and it worked but was ugly. Would like be able to move Z down 50mm, change, clean, and move back up 50mm. I was doing that with the Raspberry Pi and Octoprint for my Wanhao Duplicator i3 (Ok, I did it once when i my filament was running out and i paniced and HOPED it worked and it did.)

I dont know GCode yet - clearly the post above helps me get there ... but would be great if there was IM assist, or ability to move Z from control panel once pause was initiated :)

We have uploaded Ver. 1.1.5 on Github. We will do more test on our side. Then release it on our website.

blaknite7

Postby blaknite7 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:43 am

Vicky - Any idea when this is going to be incorporated into the next firmware? (Stepper hold on pause command) Its been a while since the last firmware was released...

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:33 am

We have already release the source code of version 1.1.5 on Github with stepper locker which will jump out Board Error during heating. But found some problems with Thermal-Runaway Protection with this version by some others. Some other customers had shared us some solution and unploaded version 1.1.5.1 on Github. And we are testing it to check whether the modified version has any problem.
We need more research of this. The release time is still unknown.

blaknite7

Postby blaknite7 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:23 am

The thermal runaway seems to be an issue with all of the github versions however there are other changes which are more straight forward to implement but are delayed to the community because of the thermal runaway programming causing a bottleneck. Essentially no new changes can come until this one feature is worked out, even if those changes are simple and low risk of negative impact to user performance. It would be nice if these other/simple changes were released to official versions (available for download on raise3d.com) while the runaway programming is debugged.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:17 am

PM sent. Please check.

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:01 am

Was the pause ever updated as Jetguy mentioned?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:29 am

In version 1.1.6 Rev1 on github, already have this.
If you'd like to help our test firmware. Please download our source code.

checktest

Postby checktest » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:27 pm

I've been trying to figure this out as well on my Raise3D N2 for Simplify3D v4, since S3D's slicer prints my part in 33 minutes, while IdeaMaker takes 53 minutes. That's a big deal, since I'm trying to print quite a lot of these.

I've tried the code below, and on layer 7 it homes X and Y, raises 50 mm, and pauses just fine. However, on the second and third pauses, it goes to X0 Y0, raises 50, but then lowers 50 again before it pauses. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

{REPLACE "; layer 7," "G91\nG1 Z50 F1800\nG90\nG1 X0 Y0 F5400\nM2000\nG91\nG1 Z-50 F1800\nG90\n; layer 7,"}
{REPLACE "; layer 10," "G91\nG1 Z50 F1800\nG90\nG1 X0 Y0 F5400\nM2000\nG91\nG1 Z-50 F1800\nG90\n; layer 10,"}
{REPLACE "; layer 13," "G91\nG1 Z50 F1800\nG90\nG1 X0 Y0 F5400\nM2000\nG91\nG1 Z-50 F1800\nG90\n; layer 13,"}

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Since the LCD is what handles pause here, remember it is what parses the M2000 command.
The movement commands are passed to the motion board which are sent by the front panel LCD line by line.
So my first thought is, it's really hard to 100% validate only from the information you shared in the above post.

What I don't have is the complete end to end gcode file that you sent the printer to print.
The assumption is, by the pause at layer heights you added, that code may be correct but without seeing the rest of the lines of gcode before each of these changes- there could be some error or syntax that then causes a problem.
Next, Adding this much motion commands before and after a pause may be confusing the Raise 3D LCD application streaming the gcode.
Then you got the fact that commands are sent and buffered inside Marlin actually moving the printer and the gcode protocol across serial is not a super robust protocol with full handshake, error correction, and flow control. You have this chance that for whatever reason the gcode sending setup is confused by an response (or lack of) from the Marlin firmware and resends a line of gcode.

Again, we have a few issues here.
I don't have the complete actual print file- only some snippets of the very pause at a certain layer section you posted.
We don't know 100% the functionality of the gcode sending section of the Raise 3D LCD touch system and how it handles pause. We don't know all the scripts, the functions, the handshake, error handling, and other conditions by which the touchpanel sends individual lines of gcode to the motion control board running marlin.

Because if we trace this back to actions-
"However, on the second and third pauses, it goes to X0 Y0, raises 50, but then lowers 50 again before it pauses. "

In order for that to happen, the M2000 was not parsed correctly time wise by the front panel LCD in sequence order.
Basically, the entire string was sent and then pause stopped sending gcode within the streaming engine.
Or it could be the relative VS absolute commands, somehow one was interpreted differently and thus what you think a line of gcode says is very different depending on the mode.

Again, the only way to really know is for someone to take the full blown print gcode file, run it on a system and see if the behavior is repeatable on another setup (LCD touch version and Marlin version). Then if the gcode acts differently on different versions, it's a version specific error of either firmware. Or if the gcode is examined line by line- and you find an error in the full gcode produced rather than just these little snippets.

sylus

Postby sylus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:23 pm

[url][/url]with S3D v4 more simple with multiprocess wizard
{REPLACE "; process PAUSE" "M2000\n"; process PAUSE"} ;pause @ height and change filament
the process should be renamed as PAUSE and other process with pause : PAUSE;1 PAUSE;2 PAUSE;.....
https://youtu.be/jtwYaZCO0Xo

Return to “Software”