Extruder temperature

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Elvis3D007

Extruder temperature

Postby Elvis3D007 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Hello guys ! I have read that with the Raise3D N2 when using the double extruder system, while extruding with an extruder the other momentarily unused remains however in temperature with the consequent risk of eventuai losses of material during the movements, you know of this problem and if yes can this be remedied in any way? Thanks so much ! Elvis3D Alessandro

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Extruder temperature

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:27 am

During nozzle switching, the unused nozzle will have a retraction before stopping using. Which will reduce some oozing.
But retraction can hardly pull back all the melt filament inside nozzle, so that we develop options for dual-printing like Wipewall, WipeTower, to let the nozzle wipe out the oozed out filament during unusing out of the main print sections.

Elvis3D007

Postby Elvis3D007 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:30 am

Good morning ! Thanks for answering me ! The problem is not how much can the filament extract the extruder momentarily useless at that moment, but I would need or in any case it would be enough for the momentarily unused extruder waiting to resume to lower the temperature to a value not to let the filament run through the movements, to then return naturally to temperature when it is his turn to be used! Is it a modification that you can only do by the firmware or do you know another way? In wait I thank you very much for your patience! Romagnoli Alessandro

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:53 am

Elvis3D007 wrote:Good morning ! Thanks for answering me ! The problem is not how much can the filament extract the extruder momentarily useless at that moment, but I would need or in any case it would be enough for the momentarily unused extruder waiting to resume to lower the temperature to a value not to let the filament run through the movements, to then return naturally to temperature when it is his turn to be used! Is it a modification that you can only do by the firmware or do you know another way? In wait I thank you very much for your patience! Romagnoli Alessandro

Seems not such easy to achieve your goal. Since both cooling to lower the temperature from printing temperature and heating nozzle from lower temperature to printing temperature both needs time and the time costing of these are not easy to estimated.

Elvis3D007

Postby Elvis3D007 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:57 pm

Good morning ! Keep the nozzle momentarily unused in working temperature in addition to the filament problem that would drip during the movements would still be a wasted current consumption for nothing! In theory it would be more logical to lower the currently unused nozzle temperature and then return to temperature when required! Did not you think about this ?? If you resolve to solve this problem, I think customers including me would be much happier! Best regards ! Romagnoli Alessandro

Elvis3D007

Postby Elvis3D007 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi Viky! On the Raise3D N2, the fact that the second extruder when unused remains at temperature is more due to a fimware factor or linked to a function of the IdeaMaker software that prevents to lower the temperature of the unused extruder momentarily ?? thank you ! Alexander

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:47 am

Since the using environment and hardware tolerance, the heating process of each nozzle won't be totally the same. It is hard for software to calculate when to reheat the nozzle in advance before switching. If it starts extruding before reaching to target temperature, it will be dangerous. And even the timing is caught perfectly, during the heating process, you still will meet oozing problem.

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:18 pm

This can't be achieved with tool change scripts?
I have done this in S3D, but have not attempted in IM.
It stretches the build time way out while temps change between layers, but it worked very well. Especially when the second extruder was only used for a small part of the print, like lettering.

Return to “Software”