using a custom printer and templates

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.

using a custom printer and templates

Postby Heliox » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 pm

I have set my default printer as one that I have (Tronxy x5s)

Am I missing something? I downloaded Ideamaker, and I added my own printer (Tronxy X5S) but when you go to slice it asks you to create a template, when you create the template it has a dialogue box that wants you to associate the new template to a printer,,,,and the only printers it shows is the preloaded ones, not the one you load yourself, although in the program itself the printer I loaded is my default printer and I can change settings for the printer, but the problem is after that when wanting to slice, so the result is a slice that is based on the template of another printer? which is a problem because the g code created seems to alter the temperature settings to lower than what I have set my default printer at. any ideas?

How do I get Ideamaker to offer my printer as one to base my templates on?

Re: using a custom printer and templates

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:13 am

Here has a similar discussion as the problem you meet, the below one is a new filament type, and yours is a new printer type to create new printing setting profile based on an existing profile.

After the new profile being created, you can edit the settings inside, including default nozzle and heated bed temperature.

Return to “Software”