using a custom printer and templates

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Heliox

using a custom printer and templates

Postby Heliox » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 pm

I have set my default printer as one that I have (Tronxy x5s)

Am I missing something? I downloaded Ideamaker, and I added my own printer (Tronxy X5S) but when you go to slice it asks you to create a template, when you create the template it has a dialogue box that wants you to associate the new template to a printer,,,,and the only printers it shows is the preloaded ones, not the one you load yourself, although in the program itself the printer I loaded is my default printer and I can change settings for the printer, but the problem is after that when wanting to slice, so the result is a slice that is based on the template of another printer? which is a problem because the g code created seems to alter the temperature settings to lower than what I have set my default printer at. any ideas?

How do I get Ideamaker to offer my printer as one to base my templates on?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: using a custom printer and templates

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:13 am

Here has a similar discussion as the problem you meet, the below one is a new filament type, and yours is a new printer type to create new printing setting profile based on an existing profile.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6539&p=26172#p26139

After the new profile being created, you can edit the settings inside, including default nozzle and heated bed temperature.

Return to “Software”