Feature request for internal support or infill when needed.

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Squenz

Re: Feature request for internal support or infill when needed.

Postby Squenz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:33 am

Please, don't abuse my handle when not appropiate. I feel always beeing shouted at when my nickname is written in capitals. Thank you

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 am

Squenz wrote:Please, don't abuse my handle when not appropiate. I feel always beeing shouted at when my nickname is written in capitals. Thank you

Edited.
Apologize for my negligence.

Squenz

Postby Squenz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:12 am

No need to apologize. All good.

I just wanted to point out, writing in capitals is shouting in the internet/written form. No need to do so unless you really want to catch attention to the capitalized words.

jean-claude

Postby jean-claude » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Thank you Vicky (I read it but I was fooled because it did not appear in the list ...: o)
But with the explanation of Squenz ... it's clearer.
But please, do not lose Noren's request. :P

@]squenz : I'm sorry. (in French, it is often used as a signal to prevent the nickname is interpreted literally.

Kazak

Postby Kazak » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi,

This is definitely an interesting conversation, the same need arose on my side when trying to print https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2231030
The overall object needs no more than 15% infill, however, the hinge inner and outer part en-up made of two empty double shells while they are barely 3mm wide.
Picture here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/OJDHVUDCi5jKA27t1

I've been trying several options:
- using layer by layer option doesn't help since the features are vertical and almost span the whole model.
- I used the two part .stl, which allows me to use 3 or 4 shells for the "head" part (Using the "group" options"). This results in the inner part of the hinge being almost filled, at the expense of a 2 hour increase in print time. However, adding more shells to the main body part is not option in terms of print time.

In short, dynamic and local infill options would be great (fill rate of X for inner shells separated by less than Y mm)

davoshaw

Postby davoshaw » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:09 am

I've been playing with the Per-layer settings, but I cannot get the IdeaMaker to properly do 100% infill (or solid pattern). On my current part, I want 25% for most of the part, but 100% in a few areas. The infil will just get more dense, but won't 'flip the switch' and go to solid pattern. Is this something that you are aware of?
Dave

Return to “Software”