the version of github contains errors

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
planetech3D

the version of github contains errors

Postby planetech3D » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:54 am

Hello,
I would like to make changes to the available firmware. On github "https://github.com/Raise3D/Marlin-Raise3D-N-Series"
I tried to apply the minor modifications, once the deposited in the motherboard, bizarre behaviors appear on the LCD screen, ghost temperatures come for a moment and disappear. Tray Temperature Applies to Extruder 2
The only change I made to the firmware and the #define POWER_SUPPLY
to reverse the output value on the pin, relative to the controls.

Can you make available the source code of the November 2017 version, without bug.
because the version on github is 2 years old, while the revision 1.1.6-rev1 is dated November 2, 2017

Thank you beforehand

ABH

Re: the version of github contains errors

Postby ABH » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:22 am

Well, if you look in the GIT log, you will see that the latest Raise3D motion controller firmware "v1.1.6-rev1" was released on Dec 27, 2016.
It was not recommended to use "v1.1.6-rev1" for a long time, but then in November 2017, it was again the recommended firmware version. For a long time the official SW was revision "1.1.1", from May 30, 2016.
"The "v1.1.6-rev1" firmware now linked to on the download page is identical to the version that was released on Dec 27, 2016.
Raise3D is using modified open source software, releases under the "GNU General Public License". This means that they are forced to publish any modifications they do to the software, and they have done so by publishing the repository with modified SW on github.com. There are no errors in the published source files on GitHub.

planetech3D

Postby planetech3D » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:17 pm

I found my problem had to remove comments that I did not expect.
This is a basic version that must be adapted to the version of its Raise3D.
I apologize I spoke too fast.

firesped

Postby firesped » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:03 am

the other possibility is that the 1.1.6-rev1 is actually 1.1.6-rev2 (lack of material firmware). You would need to have a filament runout sensor on it and see if it works. That firmware does not have the ability to turn on or off the sensor or change it from open or closed pin reading.

if it is that firmware. the source code is buried in the filament sensor discussions.

On a side note, did you get Fast stop to work with the 1.1.8 firmware ABH?
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

Return to “Software”