ideaMaker 3.1.0 Release Note

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

ideaMaker 3.1.0 Release Note

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:46 am

Dear all,

We have released the new version of ideaMaker 3.1.0 today.

Release Notes:
Added new features requested and debugging based on user feedback.

Read more: https://www.raise3d.com/blogs/news/ideamaker-3-1-0
Download ideaMaker 3.1.0: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download

lorenolepi

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.0 Release Note

Postby lorenolepi » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:39 pm

I'm a fan of the new infill and solid fill patterns. Thanks!
Loren
Olepi Labs LLC

jvingaard

Postby jvingaard » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:00 pm

lorenolepi wrote:I'm a fan of the new infill and solid fill patterns. Thanks!

Yes. more of that.

3DWP

Postby 3DWP » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:12 pm

Looks nice, thanks for the update. I just finished a 16 hour print, the screen said 1 hour 13 minutes left but it finished (?).

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:59 am

3DWP wrote:Looks nice, thanks for the update. I just finished a 16 hour print, the screen said 1 hour 13 minutes left but it finished (?).

May I ask the picture of your screen now? Does the print head home to origin position and the nozzles and heated bed stop heating?

3DWP

Postby 3DWP » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
3DWP wrote:Looks nice, thanks for the update. I just finished a 16 hour print, the screen said 1 hour 13 minutes left but it finished (?).

May I ask the picture of your screen now? Does the print head home to origin position and the nozzles and heated bed stop heating?

I finished some other shorter print job, it was about 1 hour and with 3 minutes left the model was finished. The print head homed, the message to press OK/Job finsihed appeared and everything stopped heating like normal. So the estimate is off, I'm used to this with Simplify3D but that is always a lot longer not shorter in print time.

AnderssonJrdy

Postby AnderssonJrdy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:34 pm

First of I like to thanks for a great slicer! Really like the addition of new infill patterns in this version, especially the honeycomb was really welcome!

After the update i've printed 5 models so far. I'm using the fan control and the last row I put in is 55% at layer 3 but for some reason I get a raise to 100% fanspeed at a random layer later on. Once on layer 17 of 66, once on layer 47 of 69 and the other 3 models was all good. Any ideas why? I used the fan control in the same way on version 3.0.5 without having this problem.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:04 am

3DWP wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

I finished some other shorter print job, it was about 1 hour and with 3 minutes left the model was finished. The print head homed, the message to press OK/Job finsihed appeared and everything stopped heating like normal. So the estimate is off, I'm used to this with Simplify3D but that is always a lot longer not shorter in print time.

When the screen shows Print OK information, the time still shows there has 1 hour left?
Have you changed Feedrate value on screen?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:06 am

AnderssonJrdy wrote:First of I like to thanks for a great slicer! Really like the addition of new infill patterns in this version, especially the honeycomb was really welcome!

After the update i've printed 5 models so far. I'm using the fan control and the last row I put in is 55% at layer 3 but for some reason I get a raise to 100% fanspeed at a random layer later on. Once on layer 17 of 66, once on layer 47 of 69 and the other 3 models was all good. Any ideas why? I used the fan control in the same way on version 3.0.5 without having this problem.

The 5 are the same gcode or different gcode with the same setting profile?
If the same gcode file, may I ask the gcode and data files of this print to have a look?
If not the same gcode files, may I ask all the 5 ones with and without problem to confirm the difference?
Is it possible that anybody else changed fan speed on screen or via remote control during printing?

AnderssonJrdy

Postby AnderssonJrdy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:17 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:The 5 are the same gcode or different gcode with the same setting profile?
If the same gcode file, may I ask the gcode and data files of this print to have a look?
If not the same gcode files, may I ask all the 5 ones with and without problem to confirm the difference?
Is it possible that anybody else changed fan speed on screen or via remote control during printing?

It's 5 different g-codes, sliced from 5 different models but with the same settings. It just put 100% fanspeed at a random layer in 2 of the g-codes. And no, nobody changed it as the printer was running. It's written in the code.
Where should I send the files?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:45 am

AnderssonJrdy wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:The 5 are the same gcode or different gcode with the same setting profile?

It's 5 different g-codes, sliced from 5 different models but with the same settings. It just put 100% fanspeed at a random layer in 2 of the g-codes. And no, nobody changed it as the printer was running. It's written in the code.
Where should I send the files?

PM to me or mail to support@raise3d.com

3DWP

Postby 3DWP » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:36 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
3DWP wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

When the screen shows Print OK information, the time still shows there has 1 hour left?

No I believe it was gone, I mean finished and reset. I have changed except the clear screen after job setting.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:09 am

3DWP wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
3DWP wrote:

No I believe it was gone, I mean finished and reset. I have changed except the clear screen after job setting.

May I ask your gcode file to do a test on my side?

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:55 pm

print preview in 2d is now a problem. it no longer clearly shows the traces, instead, it merges the lines into a big white mass. Please go back to where we can see the print lines in 2d mode

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:55 am

walshlg wrote:print preview in 2d is now a problem. it no longer clearly shows the traces, instead, it merges the lines into a big white mass. Please go back to where we can see the print lines in 2d mode

Actually we have removed this function from version 3.0. Since it can save a lot memory to run the software. And under Top View of 3D preview, with current layer checked, you can see almost the same result like 2D preview.

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:56 pm

yes but that is a mistake. I want to see each trace independently when things aren't printing as expected. We need that functionality. BTW it's in every other slicer I've worked with.

Squenz

Postby Squenz » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:14 pm

Well, you could use the other slider, right below the layer-slider and see each line in the currently visiible layer one after another.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:05 am

walshlg wrote:yes but that is a mistake. I want to see each trace independently when things aren't printing as expected. We need that functionality. BTW it's in every other slicer I've worked with.

If the checking Top View under 3D preview layer by layer with only Show Current layer cannot meet your needs, we will consider bring the 2D preview back in future versions.

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:22 pm

please do. Very useful for things like looking at print traces around holes for press inserts and checking for problems when there are gaps around edges of these inserts

firesped

Postby firesped » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:39 am

was trying to setup a printer that has a 1.2mm nozzle. ideamaker would not let me enter a nozzle size bigger then 1.0mm
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

Return to “Software”