Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3003
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:13 am

Hi all,

We have released touch screen firmware 0.9.7 today.
Quick link: Touch screen firmware 0.9.7 https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download#down-touch

NEW FEATURES

  • Lower Printing Temperature Available
We have opened the limits of printing temperature for nozzles. You can edit Maximum and Minimum limits under Setting -> Machine -> More Settings -> Hardware -> Temperature Limits with Enable Temperature Limits enabled.
Extruders Maximum Temperature refers to the highest temperature you can set the nozzle to reach. The setting range is from 60C to 310C.
Load/Unload Minimum Temperature refers to the lowest temperature value you can choose for auto-loading/unloading.
Load/Unload Default Temperature refers to temperature value chosen by default every time you carry out auto-loading/unloading.
Note: The Minimum Temperature and Default Temperature cannot be set higher than Maximum Temperature.
The Default Temperature should not be set lower than the Minimum Temperature.
All the settings on this page will take effect after restart the screen.

The code sent motion board for changing Minimum Temperature limit is M302.
For example: M302 S100 refers to setting Load/Unload Minimum Temperature to be 100.


  • User-defined Screen Lock Timeout
You can define the time how long will trigger the Screen Lock under Setting -> Machine -> More Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Screen Lock.


  • Empty Password for Screen Lock
The password of Screen Lock is allowed to be set as empty.


  • SSH Password Security for Privacy and Security
With Secure Settings using SSH Password enabled, you need to input your SSH password when editing the settings under Privacy and Security, including reset settings and temperature limit settings.
1.png
3.png

In case you forget your SSH password after Secure Settings using SSH Password being enabled under Privacy and Security, the credential file will be backed up automatically.
2.png
4.png
5.png

After this option enabled, the interface of SSH Password page under Privacy and Security will be changed to be as the following picture.
6.png
6.png (10.25 KiB) Viewed 1176 times

If you forget your SSH password, choose Forgot SSH Password and attach the storage which has saved the credential file inside to the screen to reset the password.
8.png
7.png
9.png



  • Backup Credential File
In case you forget your SSH password after Secure Settings using SSH Password being enabled, you can export the credential file to USB storage under Privacy and Security.
Note: If you have enabled Secure Settings using SSH Password option, you will need to input SSH password when exporting credential file.


  • Export Local Storage
Files inside local storage are able to be exported to USB storage.
Enter Local Storage and press the Edit button at top right corner. Select the file(s) you want to export and press the Export button beside the Edit button to export to USB storage.
Note: You need to enable Enable Exporting Local Files to External Storage under Setting -> Machine -> More Settings -> Privacy and Security.
10.png
11.png



  • Check Storage Space before Operation
If the storage space is not enough, the system will jump out error message when you want to carry out a print or duplication in local storage or install touchscreen firmware.
12.png
12.png (12.59 KiB) Viewed 1176 times



  • User-defined Jerk
You can define the Max Jerk for X/Y, Z and E on touchscreen under Setting -> Machine -> More Settings -> Hardware -> Jerk.

For example:
M205 X12 Y0.4 Z5
Max Jerk - X/Y = 12
Max Jerk - Z = 0.4
Max Jerk - E = 5


  • User-defined Acceleration
You can define acceleration values on touchscreen under Setting -> Machine -> More Settings -> Hardware -> Acceleration.

For example:
M204 P1000 R3000 T1000
Printing Acceleration = 1000
Retract Acceleration = 3000
Travel Acceleration = 1000

M201 X9000 Y9000 Z100 E10000
Max Acceleration - X = 9000
Max Acceleration - Y = 9000
Max Acceleration - Z = 100
Max Acceleration - E = 10000


  • Save More Records for Serial Port Log
The previous log records won’t be erased after power off or restart.


  • Fixed the bug of temperature not updating in time.

  • Pause Reason Prompt
The screen will prompt the reason why the pause code is triggered (such as due to remote control from ideaMaker, existing M2000 code inside gcode, filament run-out sensor). If the pause was enabled on touchscreen manually, there would show no prompt information.


Note: All the Minimum Temperature, Acceleration and Jerk data you set on screen are saved in configuration files in pcDuino.
Every time when pcDuino opens serial port, which means when power on or reboot the machine, it will send codes to motion board, M302 for Minimum Temperature, M205 for Jerk, M204 and M201 for Acceleration.

If you have changed Minimum Temperature, Acceleration and Jerk values in motion board firmware, screen won't use the values in your firmware, but the ones you set on screen.

User avatar
3DWP
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby 3DWP » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:55 am

Nice, thanks for the info and update!

jvingaard
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:01 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby jvingaard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:22 pm

After updating to the new Raise Touch, the screen is flashing after turn-off just like an photoblitz.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3003
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:32 am

jvingaard wrote:After updating to the new Raise Touch, the screen is flashing after turn-off just like an photoblitz.


Should be due to low power of battery.
Please press the reset button at the back side of the screen box to check whether it can stop the flashing.
Then power on to check the power of the battery whether it is low or not.

Fred78
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:08 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Fred78 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:12 am

Hello, how to upgrade from old version ? i have 0.9.7 downloaded on my usb key but i don't find how to process. Thanks a lot

jvingaard
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:01 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby jvingaard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 pm

Next time you release an Raise Touch update, please remove the confirmation when leaving Screen Lock, that doesn't make any sense.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3003
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:10 am

Fred78 wrote:Hello, how to upgrade from old version ? i have 0.9.7 downloaded on my usb key but i don't find how to process. Thanks a lot


Save the firmware file in root directory of your storage. Attach onto the screen and reboot the machine.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3003
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:23 am

jvingaard wrote:Next time you release an Raise Touch update, please remove the confirmation when leaving Screen Lock, that doesn't make any sense.


The confirmation is for double confirm that the unlock operation was triggered by a human on purpose, in case any touching by mistake from pets, kids.

jvingaard
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:01 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby jvingaard » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:13 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
jvingaard wrote:Next time you release an Raise Touch update, please remove the confirmation when leaving Screen Lock, that doesn't make any sense.


The confirmation is for double confirm that the unlock operation was triggered by a human on purpose, in case any touching by mistake from pets, kids.


Yes, I understand that, but you have to press the screen several times, to get it out of 'screen lock' anyway, so it's not exactly a sensitive screen. and if an animal or something else comes to tap on the screen, it just goes in 'screen lock' again after the specified time.So i think the confirmation is an unnesserely thing.
And what i you don't confirm, leaving 'screen lock' ??

Fred78
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:08 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Fred78 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:52 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Fred78 wrote:Hello, how to upgrade from old version ? i have 0.9.7 downloaded on my usb key but i don't find how to process. Thanks a lot


Save the firmware file in root directory of your storage. Attach onto the screen and reboot the machine.



Its works fine, ty very much

firesped
Posts: 818
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:23 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby firesped » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:08 am

the touchscreen seems to not like to allow more then 2 or 3 logs to be saved to a USB stick. It fails to output the files.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3003
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:48 am

firesped wrote:the touchscreen seems to not like to allow more then 2 or 3 logs to be saved to a USB stick. It fails to output the files.


What message does the screen show when exporting failed?
All the log files should be compressed to be one tar.gz file. Then the compressed file will be save into to the storage.

firesped
Posts: 818
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:23 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby firesped » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm not sure it is giving an error message. The file just was not there. I started moving them from the place I was saving it. I'll have to try and repeat to lock down the issue.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

EldRick
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:55 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby EldRick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:01 pm

The Export files function is far too fussy about the USB drive format. I had Export fail when using a Mac to format the USB drive as either FAT or EXFAT.

In one format, the drive is not seen by the N2 at all, and with the other, Export "successfully" creates folders which it can see and display, but which cannot be located on the Mac (even with invisible files displayed).

Export (and the N2 ability to read USB drives at all) is badly screwed up for Macintosh users.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3003
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:00 am

EldRick wrote:The Export files function is far too fussy about the USB drive format. I had Export fail when using a Mac to format the USB drive as either FAT or EXFAT.

In one format, the drive is not seen by the N2 at all, and with the other, Export "successfully" creates folders which it can see and display, but which cannot be located on the Mac (even with invisible files displayed).

Export (and the N2 ability to read USB drives at all) is badly screwed up for Macintosh users.


Have you met the same problem with original USB storage attached together with the machine?

EldRick
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:55 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby EldRick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:58 pm

I used the USB drive that would not work with the N2 when formatted using either option on my iMac, and I re-formatted it on a Windows machine.
Then it worked perfectly with the N2.
I conclude that the N2 will not work with a USB drive formatted on a Macintosh.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3003
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:07 am

EldRick wrote:I used the USB drive that would not work with the N2 when formatted using either option on my iMac, and I re-formatted it on a Windows machine.
Then it worked perfectly with the N2.
I conclude that the N2 will not work with a USB drive formatted on a Macintosh.


We tried with the original USB storage we attached together with the machine on Mac. When choose MS-DOS(FAT), it can be read on screen. When choose ExFAT, it cannot be read on screen.
2.png
2.png (13.87 KiB) Viewed 466 times

User avatar
Billucas
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:42 am
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Billucas » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi Vicky,

Since I installed your last update (Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 ) , the battery of my N2Plus is coming very low the next time I turn on the machine, so the next morning. This completely discharged the battery...

Other thing, the Wi-Fi is not working or not searching my plugged network, since then.

Regards!

Luc

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3003
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:02 am

Billucas wrote:Hi Vicky,

Since I installed your last update (Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 ) , the battery of my N2Plus is coming very low the next time I turn on the machine, so the next morning. This completely discharged the battery...

Other thing, the Wi-Fi is not working or not searching my plugged network, since then.

Regards!

Luc


Hi Luc,

If keeping the machine power on for one or two days, will the power of battery raise or not?
If put your mobile as hotspot very close to the machine, can the machine search the signal from that?

User avatar
Billucas
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:42 am
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.7 Release Note 2018.1.16

Postby Billucas » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:21 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Hi Luc,

If keeping the machine power on for one or two days, will the power of battery raise or not?
If put your mobile as hotspot very close to the machine, can the machine search the signal from that?


Dear Vicky,

After writting to you 2 days ago, I "rollback_0_9_2_1026.raisepack" my N2 Plus.
And, yes, I have let the machine power on for two days. This Sunday morning, the battery power indicate 4.04v.
Note that before that, my battery was full. It is the morning after upgrading to "updater_0_9_7_1509.raisepack",
that the battery has been completely discharged... Strange?

I have no problem with my mobile phone, tablet or camera with my home Wi-Fi.
Before the two last updates, everything was working fine between the Wi-Fi and the machine.
Since the updates, I have to wire the machine on the network with a cable or using a usb stick...

I hope your team will find the problem.

Regards!
Luc


Return to “Software”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests