Dual color x y offset isn't working right, I'm I doing it wrong?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Hangry Jason

Dual color x y offset isn't working right, I'm I doing it wrong?

Postby Hangry Jason » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:42 am

So I'm new to the N2 plus (got it two days ago) and new to dual color printing. Today I've been trying to calibrate my x and y offset in the printer settings of ideamaker, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a bug. The default 25mm x offset 0 y is just slightly off center, but no matter what numbers I put in, the right extruder part only ever moves the same direction. If I put in x offset to 26, the smallest red square moves to the right, if I put in x offset to 24, it still moves to the right. If I change y offset to 1, the small red box moves up, if I put in -1, it still prints offset in the same direction. I gave up and am in bed, finally deciding to create a post after failing to find a similiar issue in the forums. Here's a photo. The right most print is default x offset 25 y offset 0. The middle is x offset 25.7 y offset 0.7. The right photo is x offset 24.3 y offset -0.7. In using the most recent ideamaker rc 3.0 build available on the website. And always make sure to delete my old print file and re-slice and re-upload to the printer after changing the offsets. I do have my nozzles z height aligned, and even though these prints aren't pretty, I have my extrusion width setup too, even though it doesn't look good in these prints.
20180108_010507.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Dual color x y offset isn't working right, I'm I doing it wrong?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:35 am

May I ask the .gcode files of these two test prints?

Hangry Jason

Postby Hangry Jason » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Well, now I'm feeling a little embarrased. I woke up and saw your request for the gcode files, so I had to re-create them and verify they were still not printing right. I woke up my computer and noticed I had two instances of IdeaMaker running, one was just minimized and I hadnt noticed. I closed one, then created the gcode and printed it, and now the offsets are changing the way I want them too. Im not sure if having two instances of ideamaker running at the same time is what was causing my problems, but it is working correctly now. (the only other change between lastnight and now is turning the N2 Plus off before going to bed and powering it back on today) Vicky, you can delete my thread if you want.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:00 am

Maybe you edit the printer settings in one ideaMaker but slice with another ideaMaker not being edited settings yet?
If you don't mind, I'd like to leave your thread still here.
Although it is not a thread of a problem with solution, but in case any other user in future meets the same problem as you. This thread may can give them more thoughts to check out the cause.

Return to “Software”