What is the monitor option?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Noren

What is the monitor option?

Postby Noren » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:53 pm

What does "monitor" do under advanced settings in the printer software?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: What is the monitor option?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:32 am

It is a kind of "Watch Dog".
In case the interface of touchscreen crashes, it can help run the power off progress for screen when cut off the main power. Or the even with main power off, the screen will still stuck until the battery out of power.
This function was developed before the reset button. New machines with reset button can reboot the screen with hardware directly to jump out the stuck.

ObjectiviTea

Postby ObjectiviTea » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:40 am

I know this is an old post, but... You mean that when power is lost then it uses the battery to hold current progress and store it on the hard drive? I notice that when I power my N2+ off that it seems to use the battery for allowing shutdown procedure. Is that the same thing (even though the setting is off)? Or is it that when Monitor is on that the 3D print progress is saved also during the shutdown procedure, so that when it is turned on, it starts up the print again (and that that is not the case when Monitor is off)....

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:15 am

The battery is used to save printing process after losing main power supply.
The process of saving printing process is when the screen detects that the power supply is not from PSU but from battery, it will check whether it is printing or not. If it is on printing, the screen board will save the current print status then power off the machine. If not on printing, the screen board will power off directly. Which means after losing power supply from PSU, all the power for screen board is supplied by the battery.
The monitor we discussed in the thread is like "Watch Dog" which is used to help power off the screen program after cutting off the main power since sometimes software program may stuck due to sudden power change. It is a software protector, doesn't have the same function as battery which is a hardware extra power supply for screen board to save printing process.
No matter you enable the monitor or not, it won't affect the workflow of the battery.

Noren

Postby Noren » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 am

My N1 doesn’t have the reset button. Should I have the monitor function activated then?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:12 am

By now, we didn't find any negative affect with monitor option enabled on the official machines. So if needed, you can enable it.

Return to “Software”