How do I change Tempurature Settings in Ideamaker?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Strongbaby

How do I change Tempurature Settings in Ideamaker?

Postby Strongbaby » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:10 pm

I use Ideamaker as my slicer for my Tevo Tarantula. I recently got Makergeeks PLA Filament, and the recommended Temperature for that is 235 degrees. I want to change the settings because my other PLA printed at 190 degrees. I looked all around the settings, Printer Settings, Filament Settings, and the Template settings but could find nothing. Any idea where to change it? I like the slicer but if I cant change the temperature then I will have to change slicers. Thank you!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: How do I change Tempurature Settings in Ideamaker?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:45 am

Please advise which version of ideaMaker you are currently using.
If under version 3.0, temperature settings are under Advanced -> Cooling tab.
If higher than version 3.0, temperature settings are under Advanced -> Temperature tab.

You need to double-click the main template for slicing and then Advanced button to reach the advanced settings.
1.png
2.png

Andy Cohen

Postby Andy Cohen » Sun May 27, 2018 6:34 pm

For some boneheaded reason the filament/extruder temp setting are now in the tab labeled "Cooling".

A BIG suggestion to Raise3D... learn about User-Centered Design!

jetdillo

Postby jetdillo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Andy Cohen wrote:For some boneheaded reason the filament/extruder temp setting are now in the tab labeled "Cooling".

Yeah, I've never been able to figure out why this is called "Cooling" vs. "Temperature". I'm using 3.1.7 on OS X and all the temperature control settings are under the Advanced menu tab labeled "Cooling". :roll:

Andy Cohen

Postby Andy Cohen » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:05 pm

jetdillo wrote:
Andy Cohen wrote:For some boneheaded reason the filament/extruder temp setting are now in the tab labeled "Cooling".

Yeah, I've never been able to figure out why this is called "Cooling" vs. "Temperature". I'm using 3.1.7 on OS X and all the temperature control settings are under the Advanced menu tab labeled "Cooling". :roll:

I think what we are seeing is the Raise3D HUBRIS. Someone makes a random bonehead decision and ignores users. Now I'm attempting to use Dense Support and I am finding that the Number of layers field and the density field are both disabled and NOTHING I try to do enables them.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:37 am

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9268&p=32433#p32293
In case any further users meet the same setting grey issue. Please check out the link attached above.

Return to “Software”