Stuck in Encoutered problem? Press here to enter Safe mode afte extruder removal.

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
tritium

Stuck in Encoutered problem? Press here to enter Safe mode afte extruder removal.

Postby tritium » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:15 pm

Need some help guys,

I recently removed the left nozzle because I dont really have need for a second extruder. Turned on the software and stuck in entering safemode. Did a powercycle tried everything and still no luck. Any ideas? I left the thermocouple connected should I remove it any advice would be appreciated!

Michael.P@Raise3D

Re: Stuck in Encoutered problem? Press here to enter Safe mode afte extruder removal.

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Hi tritium,

Normally we would recommend to remove the right hotend/nozzle as the left is considered to be the primary. In any event, as long as the printer has a thermocouple installed you can remove the heater rod if you like. Most of the time it is easy enough to just remove the nozzle only from the hotend and leave the rest hooked up to the printer. That way if you wanted to go back to dual you could more quickly begin and have all the parts on hand.

When you receive an error, what exactly is the message, could you provide a picture? We would like to have you submit a support ticket to our ticketing system, that way we can track this problem and solution better in the future. Please go to: http://help.raise3d.com/support/home and provide us the same information here so we can assist you quickly.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Michael Petitclerc, Technician
Tel: +888 963 9028
Web: http://www.raise3d.com

Jetguy

Re: Stuck in Encoutered problem? Press here to enter Safe mode afte extruder removal.

Postby Jetguy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 am

First, the LEFT is primary and thus when you go to single extruder the ONLY one that would work unless you then also leave the printer and software thinking you have a dual extruder.

Second part is, even though you left the thermocouple either disturbing the wiring you caused a bad connection.
The firmware doesn't lie- it's telling you on startup it cannot get a valid baseline reading of a normal temperature and therefore will not allow the screen to boot in anything but safe mode.

The third part is, you no longer have to leave the thermocouple, but again, you MUST use left extruder, remove the right side heater and thermocouple, and then flash the single extruder variant of the latest firmware from the downloads page. Also ensure on the LCD panel, you set it also to single extruder BEFORE loading the new marlin on. Yes, you can flash firmware from safe mode on the LCD.
https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download
Here you can see the single extruder variant firmware, but again, that is for left being primary.
1.1.6 firmware.jpg

tritium

Postby tritium » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:43 am

Michael.P@Raise3D wrote:Hi tritium,

Normally we would recommend to remove the right hotend/nozzle as the left is considered to be the primary. In any event, as long as the printer has a thermocouple installed you can remove the heater rod if you like. Most of the time it is easy enough to just remove the nozzle only from the hotend and leave the rest hooked up to the printer. That way if you wanted to go back to dual you could more quickly begin and have all the parts on hand.

When you receive an error, what exactly is the message, could you provide a picture? We would like to have you submit a support ticket to our ticketing system, that way we can track this problem and solution better in the future. Please go to: http://help.raise3d.com/support/home and provide us the same information here so we can assist you quickly.

Hey Michael,
I dont recieve a message just the the message on the bottom of the screen saying stuck in encountered problem? Press here to enter safe mode. If necessary I will reconnect the left side and remove the rightside. and I will thank you!

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:57 am

Another reason to update the Marlin firmware is that one of the fixes is to provide a more detailed error message.
That way, you can not chase your tail trying to figure out which of the 2 thermocouples is not reporting.
https://www.raise3d.com/pages/motion-co ... ease-notes
Add extruder number while throwing out max or min temperature error to help identify the corresponding thermalcouple

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:57 am

tritium wrote:
Michael.P@Raise3D wrote:Hi tritium,

Hey Michael,
I dont recieve a message just the the message on the bottom of the screen saying stuck in encountered problem? Press here to enter safe mode. If necessary I will reconnect the left side and remove the rightside. and I will thank you!

Do you mean after you power on the machine, the screen shows no error information but all black screen with only little words at bottom line ask you to enter safe mode? If press this word, can you enter safe mode and check files in USB storage properly?
Please make sure the both thermocouples are well connected on board and the ribbon cable with flat black head well connected as well.

tritium

Postby tritium » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:41 pm

Jetguy wrote:First, the LEFT is primary and thus when you go to single extruder the ONLY one that would work unless you then also leave the printer and software thinking you have a dual extruder.

Second part is, even though you left the thermocouple either disturbing the wiring you caused a bad connection.
The firmware doesn't lie- it's telling you on startup it cannot get a valid baseline reading of a normal temperature and therefore will not allow the screen to boot in anything but safe mode.

The third part is, you no longer have to leave the thermocouple, but again, you MUST use left extruder, remove the right side heater and thermocouple, and then flash the single extruder variant of the latest firmware from the downloads page. Also ensure on the LCD panel, you set it also to single extruder BEFORE loading the new marlin on. Yes, you can flash firmware from safe mode on the LCD.
https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download
Here you can see the single extruder variant firmware, but again, that is for left being primary.
1.1.6 firmware.jpg

Hey jetguy tried flashing the single version but it gets stuck while flashing and nothing happens any ideas?

tritium

Postby tritium » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:10 pm

Okay flashed to the original version of touch but still unable to flash the firmware for the motion board any idea?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:25 pm

What's the full error message it displays on your screen?
After loading progress stuck during flashing, have you tried reboot the machine? After reboot, does the version number of firmware change or not?

tritium

Postby tritium » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:What's the full error message it displays on your screen?
After loading progress stuck during flashing, have you tried reboot the machine? After reboot, does the version number of firmware change or not?

That is the issue, there is no error displayed on the screen. I simply get the message everytime i boot the machine up. I can flash the touch software or rollback to the original but no matter what version I am in, I still get the same message but there is no error. And when trying to flash motion controll firmware just gets stuck with no success and no change

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:20 pm

OK, since you messed with the extruder and thus the breakout board, let's go over the basics because we KNOW that is the primary fault.
#1, when you turn the printer on, are the extruder fans spinning? This helps indicate if you properly plugged in the ribbon cable into the extruder breakout. If the fans are not spinning- this is a dead giveaway the ribbon cable is not plugged in correctly.
#2 Since you removed the hotend, have you double and triple checked the connections of the thermocouples to the extruder head breakout?

Again, we know from across the internet the fault here.
You messed with the wiring, somehow failed to get the details right, now you have a thermocouple temp sensor fault.
The LCD touch checks to see if the motion board is in a safe state on startup and if not will not allow the rest of the LCD startup procedure to show the normal touch application. You ALSO should be seeing an error message of the fault when this happens.

tritium

Postby tritium » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Jetguy wrote:OK, since you messed with the extruder and thus the breakout board, let's go over the basics because we KNOW that is the primary fault.
#1, when you turn the printer on, are the extruder fans spinning? This helps indicate if you properly plugged in the ribbon cable into the extruder breakout. If the fans are not spinning- this is a dead giveaway the ribbon cable is not plugged in correctly.
#2 Since you removed the hotend, have you double and triple checked the connections of the thermocouples to the extruder head breakout?

Again, we know from across the internet the fault here.
You messed with the wiring, somehow failed to get the details right, now you have a thermocouple temp sensor fault.
The LCD touch checks to see if the motion board is in a safe state on startup and if not will not allow the rest of the LCD startup procedure to show the normal touch application. You ALSO should be seeing an error message of the fault when this happens.

No error apears just the message asking to enter safemode. I have checked and rechecked to make sure its connected properly and even tried a new set of thermocouple and hotend. I dont know what else could be wrong

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:15 am

It sounds like the communication between screen board and motion board doesn't work properly.
Since the screen can read the files inside USB storage to flash the touchscreen firmware, I will more tend the problem to due to loose connection of USB cable, or bad USB cable or bad Ribbon cable, or bad motion board, since the motion board can not be loaded firmware properly but screen board can.

Return to “Software”