ideaMaker 3.0-RC Release Note Updated Rev. 3.0.5 2017.12.18

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Jab136

Re: ideaMaker 3.0-beta Release Note Updated Rev. 3.0.4 2017.11.29

Postby Jab136 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:40 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Jab136 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
I tried once with your stl, but the layer 0 and layer 1 is correct.
1.png
2.png

Is it possible for me to ask the gcode file to check directly?

it is too large to upload, even zipped, is there any other way of getting it to you?

File received. Found a bug in preview with dual-extruder slicing. Just a preview bug, won't affect the real settings for temperature.
We will try to fix it soon.

well if you are using the preview to find layers to turn down or up the temperature on an idle nozzle, then it will cause your layer settings to be off by 1 layer. Additionally another issue I am having in that gcode is the vertical offset settings for the dense support, in my print settings both top and bottom are set to 0, but if you look at the code, you will see that is not happening for every top and bottom offset.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Jab136 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Jab136 wrote:it is too large to upload, even zipped, is there any other way of getting it to you?

File received. Found a bug in preview with dual-extruder slicing. Just a preview bug, won't affect the real settings for temperature.

well if you are using the preview to find layers to turn down or up the temperature on an idle nozzle, then it will cause your layer settings to be off by 1 layer. Additionally another issue I am having in that gcode is the vertical offset settings for the dense support, in my print settings both top and bottom are set to 0, but if you look at the code, you will see that is not happening for every top and bottom offset.

Please try this, edit the Support Type to be Pillar, Pillar Size to be 1mm or define the same pillar size with manual support and slice. And check whether it fixed.
We sometimes find that the Normal type's result is not such accurate then Pillar type, at least pillar size can be defined to be very minor value.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 pm

camrothor wrote:Is it possible to make the layer height fields support up to 4 decimal places? This would help users match their optimal stepper motor heights. Also is it possible to adjust a filament factor if the diameter measures off? Overall I am very impressed with IdeaMaker coming from simplify3d at work.

Notes taken. Will add into on-going list.

Jab136

Postby Jab136 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Jab136 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

Please try this, edit the Support Type to be Pillar, Pillar Size to be 1mm or define the same pillar size with manual support and slice. And check whether it fixed.
We sometimes find that the Normal type's result is not such accurate then Pillar type, at least pillar size can be defined to be very minor value.

that appears to have fixed it

Rudolph

Postby Rudolph » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:52 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Not sure whether can fix the defects you meet. Will PM you a test version very soon.
Thanks for helping test.

Well, how to put this, I would eagerly give it a spin but did not receive anything so far.

And totally unrelated I wonder why the 11th page of this thread disapeared again.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:38 am

Rudolph wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Not sure whether can fix the defects you meet. Will PM you a test version very soon.
Thanks for helping test.

Well, how to put this, I would eagerly give it a spin but did not receive anything so far.

And totally unrelated I wonder why the 11th page of this thread disapeared again.

Sorry for the delay. Will PM the beta version.
Haven't seen the 11th page of this topic before.

Rudolph

Postby Rudolph » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Will PM the beta version.

Looks like you nailed it, the print I sliced with 3.05 looks like the print from V2 with the chimney solid.
Good job, thank you!

fischer99

Postby fischer99 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:38 am

Keeps getting better and better. Good job. So far i'm really liking the new features. Any chance on implementing an "ironing" feature / neo sanding? And perhaps a "No Travel over Skin"?

Rudolph

Postby Rudolph » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Just "coming back" from Slic3r PE I am missing a few options in Ideamaker now, yes while Slic3r has some I miss from Ideamaker.

Slic3r has the option to compensate for elefant foot by shrinking the first layer in x and y direction by a given amount.
This would make a nice addition to Ideamaker under Other/Dimensional Compensation.

I can not find any acceleration setup in Ideamaker, it would be nice if this could be setup in dependance from what is to be printed
to allow for slower accelaration for the perimeters and faster acceleration for the infill for example.

I would apreciate more infill patterns to choose from.

And for the custom G-code generation.
I would like to to add something like this:
M117 Printing Layer {layer_number}

This would go in the "Layer Change GCode" section of course.
But all that is offered under "Runtime Variables" for Built-In Placeholders are {old_z} and {new_z}.
And I can not find even these when browsing thru what is offered when opening the menu with "Add more".

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:37 am

fischer99 wrote:Keeps getting better and better. Good job. So far i'm really liking the new features. Any chance on implementing an "ironing" feature / neo sanding? And perhaps a "No Travel over Skin"?

Ironing has taken notes.
For the second one, in current version of ideaMaker, we have an option called "Avoid Traveling Through Holes", which means that nozzle won't move through all the hole structures in case strings. Is the option "No Travel over Skin" you mentioned, that do not let the nozzle travel over all printed out model parts for every layer?

BTW, we have defined a format for feature request. If you have further request or report, please check the new format. Thanks for your kindly understanding!
Here can check more details: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5355

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:40 am

Rudolph wrote:Just "coming back" from Slic3r PE I am missing a few options in Ideamaker now, yes while Slic3r has some I miss from Ideamaker.

Slic3r has the option to compensate for elefant foot by shrinking the first layer in x and y direction by a given amount.
This would make a nice addition to Ideamaker under Other/Dimensional Compensation.

I can not find any acceleration setup in Ideamaker, it would be nice if this could be setup in dependance from what is to be printed
to allow for slower accelaration for the perimeters and faster acceleration for the infill for example.

I would apreciate more infill patterns to choose from.

And for the custom G-code generation.
I would like to to add something like this:
M117 Printing Layer {layer_number}

This would go in the "Layer Change GCode" section of course.
But all that is offered under "Runtime Variables" for Built-In Placeholders are {old_z} and {new_z}.
And I can not find even these when browsing thru what is offered when opening the menu with "Add more".

For the elefant foot compensation, you can use Per-Layer settings and add X Y Size Compensation for the first several layers.
Acceleration settings, Infill patterns, placeholder requests have taken notes. Will add into developing list.

BTW, we have defined a format for feature request. If you have further request or report, please check the new format. Thanks for your kindly understanding!
Here can check more details: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5355

Rudolph

Postby Rudolph » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:09 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:For the elefant foot compensation, you can use Per-Layer settings and add X Y Size Compensation for the first several layers.
Acceleration settings, Infill patterns, placeholder requests have taken notes. Will add into developing list.

I did not find that easily now as I was looking in the settings.
Then it was not that easy to figure out what to do.
And at last it does not work, or maybe it does, but that is not really apparent from the interface.

Hmm, it is kind of working as the preview shows, but the first layer is not affected.
Start Z 0,00 mm
End Z 0,80 mm
Layer Height 0,20 mm

The layer height is really odd, I do not want to change the layer-height but can not get rid of this setting, also my first layer is setup different than the rest, I like to keep it that way and I like that this is setup in the configuration.

When I double-cliick that setting it shows annother window that has now:
Layer Height 0,2 mm
XY Size Compensation -1,00 mm (yes, completely out of proportion to make it show)
When I remove the "Layer Height" it just resets to 0,10 mm.

In the preview the first layer is not affected, the next ones are, layer 1/xxx in the preview does not change to be clear.
And yes, also when using -0,20 mm for XY Size Compensation.
I also had the idea to set Start Z to a negative number but it does not accept negative numbers.
Okay, this also happens with a three layer raft so that the first layer of the modell is 4/xx - this layer is not affected, the next are.

This with different .stl files, the first layer is always not affected.

Also this setting applies to all profiles and I am not sure if that this is a good thing.

EldRick

Re: ideaMaker 3.0-RC Release Note Updated Rev. 3.0.5 2017.12.18

Postby EldRick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:02 pm

To completely eliminate "elephant-foot", chamfer the bottom edges of the part to compensate.

Tinkerer

Postby Tinkerer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:24 pm

EldRick wrote:To completely eliminate "elephant-foot", chamfer the bottom edges of the part to compensate.

How do you do that?
...there's nothing like the smell of fresh ABS in the morning...

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:10 am

Rudolph wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:For the elefant foot compensation, you can use Per-Layer settings and add X Y Size Compensation for the first several layers.

I did not find that easily now as I was looking in the settings.
Then it was not that easy to figure out what to do.
And at last it does not work, or maybe it does, but that is not really apparent from the interface.

Hmm, it is kind of working as the preview shows, but the first layer is not affected.
Start Z 0,00 mm
End Z 0,80 mm
Layer Height 0,20 mm

The layer height is really odd, I do not want to change the layer-height but can not get rid of this setting, also my first layer is setup different than the rest, I like to keep it that way and I like that this is setup in the configuration.

When I double-cliick that setting it shows annother window that has now:
Layer Height 0,2 mm
XY Size Compensation -1,00 mm (yes, completely out of proportion to make it show)
When I remove the "Layer Height" it just resets to 0,10 mm.

In the preview the first layer is not affected, the next ones are, layer 1/xxx in the preview does not change to be clear.
And yes, also when using -0,20 mm for XY Size Compensation.
I also had the idea to set Start Z to a negative number but it does not accept negative numbers.
Okay, this also happens with a three layer raft so that the first layer of the modell is 4/xx - this layer is not affected, the next are.

This with different .stl files, the first layer is always not affected.

Also this setting applies to all profiles and I am not sure if that this is a good thing.

Just found that we have set limits for the size of first layer. We will check whether we can define a better logic for generating of the first layer.

Rudolph

Postby Rudolph » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:12 am

EldRick wrote:To completely eliminate "elephant-foot", chamfer the bottom edges of the part to compensate.

Well, yes, but editing the model is not always an option and definately not for everyone.

harrisonaero

Postby harrisonaero » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Is there a way to build a raft just for supports but not the part? Often my supports come off the bed when doing second layer.

IOW make the first layer or two of the supports solid or hatched rather than making the entire support filled in to a certain percentage.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:57 am

harrisonaero wrote:Is there a way to build a raft just for supports but not the part? Often my supports come off the bed when doing second layer.

IOW make the first layer or two of the supports solid or hatched rather than making the entire support filled in to a certain percentage.

In ideaMaker 3.0 has an option called Support Base Layer. You can enable under Advanced -> Support tab to increase adhesion of support structure to below layers.
6.png
6.png (88.01 KiB) Viewed 1361 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:14 am

Tinkerer wrote:Yes, I mean the gap between outer and inner shell.
Which would lead to a very weak part.

Regarding your question:

Btw., as far as I understood the thin wall option this would not make a difference here.
That option is to determine below which thickness objects are printed as one solid line.

Btw. II:
Here's another example:

IdeaMaker:

Cura:

In addition to the inferior slicing "in detail" my experience so far is, that files sliced with cura are printing faster.
And I took great care to use the same settings regarding speed of movements etc.

What makes IdeaMaker a nice addition to the Raise3d-printers is the seamless integration with the printer.

Fixed already in version 3.0.5 RC. The download link is at the first page of this post.
3.png
2.png
2.png (1.61 KiB) Viewed 1380 times

Tinkerer

Postby Tinkerer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Fixed already in version 3.0.5 RC. The download link is at the first page of this post.
3.png
2.png

Well done.

Btw.:
So why is this an option to turn on/off?
Is there any chance that using this option makes something worse?
If not, again, why is it an option??
...there's nothing like the smell of fresh ABS in the morning...

Return to “Software”