ideaMaker 3.0-RC Release Note Updated Rev. 3.0.5 2017.12.18

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

Re: ideaMaker 3.0-RC Release Note Updated Rev. 3.0.5 2017.12.18

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 am

Rudolph wrote:
The Retraction will be forced to applied on the last two top solid layers.

It's not, there is no retraction inside the model on *any* layer as long as "Avoid Traveling Through Holes" is active.
On the first picture *I* posted there is no retraction and that even is the last layer.

I noticed that in print, it just smears filament all over the plane and moves the nozzle thru it.
Looks awfull.
The GUI is broken between the two options.

We have tested with your files and some other files on our side. And got the same result you said, once Avoid Traveling Through Holes being enabled, the retraction will be disabled.
We checked the logic we define between Avoid Traveling Through Holes and retraction. We thought that if the nozzle wouldn’t pass through the Holes, the oozed filament from nozzle would not affect the result for hollow parts (such as strings), so we disable the retraction, but hadn’t taken surface quality into consideration.
We will stop disabling retraction when Avoid Travelling Through Holes enabled in future versions.

duke666

Re: ideaMaker 3.0-RC Release Note Updated Rev. 3.0.5 2017.12.18

Postby duke666 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi !!! translating the slicer and firmware on the printer to the Russian curve, sometimes you can understand what it is about, and sometimes global errors in translation for example in English written thickness but is translated as the height of the first layer and there are many such examples

fischer99

Re: ideaMaker 3.0-beta Release Note Updated Rev. 3.0.4 2017.11.29

Postby fischer99 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
fischer99 wrote:Keeps getting better and better. Good job. So far i'm really liking the new features. Any chance on implementing an "ironing" feature / neo sanding? And perhaps a "No Travel over Skin"?

Ironing has taken notes.
For the second one, in current version of ideaMaker, we have an option called "Avoid Traveling Through Holes", which means that nozzle won't move through all the hole structures in case strings. Is the option "No Travel over Skin" you mentioned, that do not let the nozzle travel over all printed out model parts for every layer?

BTW, we have defined a format for feature request. If you have further request or report, please check the new format. Thanks for your kindly understanding!
Here can check more details: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5355

Very sorry for the delay in responding.... The "Avoid Traveling through holes" and no traveling over skin are different. The outer most top/bottom payers should be avoided by travel moves. I did also put in a feature request for this just recently.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: ideaMaker 3.0-beta Release Note Updated Rev. 3.0.4 2017.11.29

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:40 am

fischer99 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
fischer99 wrote:Keeps getting better and better. Good job. So far i'm really liking the new features. Any chance on implementing an "ironing" feature / neo sanding? And perhaps a "No Travel over Skin"?

Ironing has taken notes.
For the second one, in current version of ideaMaker, we have an option called "Avoid Traveling Through Holes", which means that nozzle won't move through all the hole structures in case strings. Is the option "No Travel over Skin" you mentioned, that do not let the nozzle travel over all printed out model parts for every layer?

BTW, we have defined a format for feature request. If you have further request or report, please check the new format. Thanks for your kindly understanding!
Here can check more details: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5355

Very sorry for the delay in responding.... The "Avoid Traveling through holes" and no traveling over skin are different. The outer most top/bottom payers should be avoided by travel moves. I did also put in a feature request for this just recently.

Thanks for your update.
Attached the link of your request to double confirm that it is the same as you mentioned above. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6438
This one has been already added into developing list.

Return to “Software”