Print bed orientation problem

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
elmas156

Print bed orientation problem

Postby elmas156 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I have recently discovered ideaMaker to use as a slicer for my 3D printer. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to spend $2500 on a printer, so I've invested in a starter Prusa i3 clone, which works really well, especially with ideaMaker. My problem though is that when I orient my model in ideaMaker to print facing forward (with the red, green, and blue axis indicators in the software on the front left) my model always prints facing to the left. The only way that I have found to remedy this is to orient the model in the software facing to the right of the build plate in the software (so that when looking at the front of the model in the software, the axis indicators are in the back left of the build plate). This also flips the x and y axis, and causes the x axis to revers. For example, if I want to move the model 5 mm to the right, I have to move it on the y axis 5 mm, where I should be moving it 5 mm on the x axis. Also, if I want to move the model 5 mm back, I have to move it -5 mm on the x axis, where I should be moving it 5 mm on the y axis. Does anyone know of a setting that will fix this orientation problem. In addition, I have verified that this is not a problem with the printer. All wiring is plugged in appropriately and the orientation is fine with any other slicer software. Thanks in advance for any help.

Steven.W

Re: Print bed orientation problem

Postby Steven.W » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Elmas156!
Hey hey! As far as print orientation on Ideamaker being used on another printer goes, we can always look a bit more in depth at your issue if you'd submit a ticket to our tech support team! Thanks a lot for the feedback and we look forward to helping you out.

http://help.raise3d.com/support/tickets/new
Steven Whalen
Raise3D

Return to “Software”