templates location in OSX

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
awolf

templates location in OSX

Postby awolf » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:19 pm

I have been using ideamaker for about a week, so far just with PLA, and everytime I went to slice, the default templates would be listed. :) I began to modify them and do "save as" and they have been listed along with the defaults. Today, when I went to do a new slice, there are no templates listed. :? No defaults even. :cry: If I choose a different printer, I get the 3 standard defaults for it, but this is not useful to me.

Where can I find the templates that have been saved, so I can import them—and for that matter, where have the default templates gone?

TIA

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: templates location in OSX

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Please firstly double confirm whether you choose both V2 for filament and printer.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=683&p=7037&hilit=with+v2+hotend+template#p7037

And the profiles save path is as follow:
For mac, the save path is: ~/Library/Application Support/ideaMaker/profile
For windows, the save path is: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Raise3D\ideaMaker (edit the "Administrator" to the name of your computer)

Tinkerer

Postby Tinkerer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Vicky,

are you sure regarding the path on the mac?
Because I have installed the latest version of ideamaker (from raise3d-website) on my mac
and there is definitely no directory named "ideaMaker" under ~/Library/Application Support/ ...

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Firstly, have you confirmed that you have chosen the correct filament and machine type?
Would you like to share a screenshot of the empty template page here?

For the path, that should be correct. Please note, there is a Space between Application and Support.

awolf

Postby awolf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi Vicky,

I had found the custom templates I made (the User library folder is hidden by default, but if you hold the option key down in the finder go menu, it becomes visible).

I believe I have loaded in the correct printer and filament, will send 3 screen shots, for PLA (where very oddly, the custom ABS template is showing) ABS (where now, I have no templates showing, and polyPC (which I haven't used yet, and all three default templates are there.) To be more complete, I'm in 10.12.3, custom I7 pretty much maxed out iMac 27 5K.

I've decided to just re-install idea maker (haven't done this yet)—depending on the way it reads panes, this may or may not help. I assume it was working correctly before—when I would open it, it would list all the templates I had (default and custom) for PLA.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 11.28.47 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 11.28.35 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 11.28.24 AM.jpg

awolf

Postby awolf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm

So I did trash both the application and the config.xml file, and reinstalled. Now, I'm back to where I was, with the custom templates loading automatically. I'm not sure what happened; I'll assume that the config file got corrupted somehow. This seems unlikely, but is my best guess.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 1.10.18 PM.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:41 am

awolf wrote:Hi Vicky,

I had found the custom templates I made (the User library folder is hidden by default, but if you hold the option key down in the finder go menu, it becomes visible).

I believe I have loaded in the correct printer and filament, will send 3 screen shots, for PLA (where very oddly, the custom ABS template is showing) ABS (where now, I have no templates showing, and polyPC (which I haven't used yet, and all three default templates are there.) To be more complete, I'm in 10.12.3, custom I7 pretty much maxed out iMac 27 5K.

I've decided to just re-install idea maker (haven't done this yet)—depending on the way it reads panes, this may or may not help. I assume it was working correctly before—when I would open it, it would list all the templates I had (default and custom) for PLA.

For ABS, you haven't chosen the one with V2 Hotend. You need to roll the drop list down more. ABS-V2 is the last one on the list.
Attachments
1.png

Return to “Software”