remote raised 3D ? wifi ?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
jim

remote raised 3D ? wifi ?

Postby jim » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 am

Hi,

I just acquired my Raised 3D N1 and i'm trying to control it threw my homemade Javascript application.

With my previous printer 3D, i used Octoprint (with an USB connection to the printer), i can communicate with REST HTML calls (Octoprint is a server who can receive HTML requests).

Now i can't use the same system because i can't connect the Raise3D to the Octoprint (no serial USB port) :(

My questions are :

- does exist a documentation for the wifi protocol to control the printer ?

- does exist a open source software / plugin / librairy in any programmation language to communicate with my Raise3D ?

Thank you

Jim

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: remote raised 3D ? wifi ?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 am

Sorry, but so far we don't have any plan to open such kind of support for control system.

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Some people use octoprint with these printers but you have to plug the usb from the octoprint directly into the motion controller board and then you can't use the front panel

jim

Postby jim » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 am

Hi guys,

@Vicky does it seem a good idea to you ? do i remove the guaranty doing this kind of manipulation ?

@walshlg do you have more information ? someone i can contact ? thanks for your responses

jim

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:00 am

Our touchscreen does act as an important part on our machine. And we are keeping on developing the touchscreen firmware, you will see more functions it can achieve in near future. I will recommend keep the origin screen.
And, yes, this modification will lose the warranty of your machine.

Return to “Software”