Little help needed

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Tesadornq

Little help needed

Postby Tesadornq » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:21 pm

Every time I start a print the hotend is about 2mm or so off the bed? I need to lower it to make the print work... It DOES zero Z in the corner right before print (and it does it correctly, at the correct height) then when it starts it raises it again....

Any thoughts on what does this? Also is there a way to zero Z just before it starts the skirt?
Thanks in advanced!!!!

Dan

Jetguy

Re: Little help needed

Postby Jetguy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:48 am

As with most things 3D printing, the printer does what it's told by the print file. If you don't post the offending print file, all we can do is guess.
That either requires that you export using the exact same settings from ideamaker and upload the file here after you zip it (forum only allows a very few types of files but zip is one and a way around this). The alternative is using WinSCP and the SSH password to connect to the file system over the network and copy the same exact gcode that the printer is trying to print. In an ideal world, reading the exact file (the winSCP method to see the file on the local storage of the printer and be able to copy it back to the computer intact) is the best way to replicate but as long as the error is reproducible with the file (example, export to the USB drive, print from the USB drive) then we know we have a known file of question and then upload that, we have something we can work with.

That fact that it homes correctly indicates that this is in the file, not something in the printer. So, again, without knowing your setting stuff like not ensuring the object is on the logical bed inside the slicer it's hard to guess how a person using default off the shelf software can come to this problem.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:12 am

Since you didn't say what printer (there are 3 models, N1, N2, or N2Plus) I have attached a known good print file test cube from an N1 that will print on all 3 printers it just will not be centered in the case of the N2 or N2Plus, but again, should print universally. This is sliced using Ideamaker and is for Raise3D PLA so it prints at 215C and 50C bed using the left (primary) nozzle.

Again, if this known good file prints and your files don't- attach yours so that we can see the difference.
Attachments
20mm_N1.zip
(27.12 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Tesadornq

Postby Tesadornq » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:32 am

G0 F1500 Z0.250 I think this is the offfendiign code for me... z probe off set... anyway to change this?

Tesadornq

Postby Tesadornq » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:08 am

Your file does the same...
>>G0 F1500 Z0.300 TO
>>G0 F1500 Z0.025 does the trick...

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:45 am

Sounds like you need to adjust the bed homing endstop adjuster and also check the bed leveling. Not saying perform leveling but just check.
Also, first layer height is an option under advanced settings in the slicing profile. That is where that value is.

Return to “Printing Software”