Couple of minor bugs to report

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
tja

Couple of minor bugs to report

Postby tja » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:17 pm

Firstly, I would congratulate the Raise3D team on a superb job with the software. My printer and the IM app are very stable and practically bug free and I know from experience that this isn't easy. Please keep up the diligence on future releases. That being said I have noticed a couple of quirks...

On my touchscreen (v0.9.2) it shows the nozzle temp and heatbed temp incrementing together when I enter values manually. But when I hit Print and start a job it only shows the nozzle temp incrementing. The heatbed is incrementing in the background but only gets shown live when nozzle temp goes green. I thought this bug had been fixed once, am I wrong?

In Ideamaker 2.6, the default size of the slicing template save window is too small. You have to drag it bigger to see the save & cancel buttons every time you use it.

These are not major issues in the scheme of things, but I find them irritating and it would be good to see them squashed in a future release.
Attachments
Ideamaker bug.PNG

Julia Truchsess

Re: Couple of minor bugs to report

Postby Julia Truchsess » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:54 pm

I agree, having to resize the preview window every time is very annoying. The program should remember window size and position, it's not difficult to implement.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:05 pm

For the heating sequence, actually the touchscreen side is fixed already. But motion board firmware side also needs change. So it has not been totally fixed by now with the current firmwares.
For the "Save As" window's display, thanks for your report. We will fix it soon.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:09 pm

By now, the main slicing window's size and position can be saved with an option under Preferences called Save and restore window state enabled.
Preview window may be considered in future versions.

Return to “Printing Software”