vertical plate

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Oliviers

vertical plate

Postby Oliviers » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi,

I try to print a plate 2 mm thk with a light foldings.
I print it in vertical position.
After 180 mm height, the quality on the print turn very bad because of vibrations.
I would like to add an inclined pillar to solve this issue.
Do you know how to add inclined pillar?

thanks

Jetguy

Re: vertical plate

Postby Jetguy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Use a CAD tool like Meshmixer to add custom support, export that STL and open in Ideamaker and slice.
Again, step 1 download mesh mixer http://www.meshmixer.com/
Step 2 watch a few tutorials on creating custom support- often used in the SLA 3D printing with resin for the same stability reasons.
http://www.mold3d.com/blog/2014/5/13/ad ... -meshmixer
Step3 is again export both the combined original part + the supports from Meshmixer to a file and then now open that file in Ideamaker which will then have your custom "inclined pillar" actually more like a scaffold tree structure next to your original vertical plate with several small branch attachments.

Jetguy

Re: vertical plate

Postby Jetguy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:01 pm

There are other tools one could use and many of these are becoming popular because of SLA (light based resin 3D printing) because of the high forces involved with pealing the layer from the resin vat on those style printers. What this means is it's also good and getting easier with better custom support structure generation in many software tools.
Example would be XYZ Nobel 3D software and I believe Flashprint by FlashForge also can generate custom supports. Another tool is B9 Creator software.
The usage is roughly the same, open your STL, arrange it, add the manual or custom supports, preview until you get it right, export as an STL, open that new STL file in ideamaker and slice it for your N series printer.

Return to “Printing Software”