Request for information on display

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
EldRick

Request for information on display

Postby EldRick » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:21 pm

Since a large percentage of Raise3D users use slicers other than iM, I'd like to request more useful information on the display.

Specifically, if a non-iM-sliced file is being printed:

- Since Height is usually computed by Marlin, it should be displayed, or at the very least, Height could be changed to a count of Layers printed instead of showing zeros.

- The Time estimate should show Time printing since start, in addition to a uselessly-inaccurate Time-remaining guess.

- And it would be nice to have the filament useage displayed.

I'm pretty strongly against any N-series support that does not accommodate non-iM slicers on parity with iM, simply because iM is not a particularly good slicer at this time. It is missing a number of functions that almost every other Open Source and fee slicer have delivered for years, and it is unlikely to ever catch up with them. As one critical function example, sequential printing...

I'd strongly prefer it if you were to simply move the remote printer connect functions into a separate application with drag-and-drop uploading (and file downloading), and camera support. Since there are no functions in iM that are unique to the Raise3D printers, few would miss using it.

Brandon

Re: Request for information on display

Postby Brandon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Thank you for your input. I will share it with our development group.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Request for information on display

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:29 am

As I known, if the file was sliced by S3D, our screen should can read and display the height values and layer number.
Which slicing software are you using mostly for now?

For the Time display, we previous do display the time passed. But we had users advised that they needed to know more about how long it would remain or when it would complete instead how much time it had taken already. So we change the time to be remaining time and finish time.
Such like this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1132
Some similar discussion about time display inside.

Return to “Printing Software”