Maker's Muse Review

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
colbylippincott

Maker's Muse Review

Postby colbylippincott » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Just wanted to post this here and congratulate the ideaMaker team for building an awesome slicer. Keep up the good work!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7JuMa35IjA&t=1s

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Maker's Muse Review

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:51 am

Thanks for your sharing! :)

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Here is another honest review from Angus. Enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOqq6jhcRVY&t=329s

Mecha_Monster

Postby Mecha_Monster » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Good and honest review. Anyhow, as others reviews out there in youtube, it also felt short.
The main reason for what I bought the Raise3D is its accuracy and capabilities of printing PC. With my machine I print tools that according to the Metrology dept. are extremly close to the nominal dimensions. Thumbs up for the accuracy of the machine.
I have also found that is is easier to print PC than ABS. It sticks very well to the Buildtak and the chamber stays very warm.
The Idemaker AP and the wireless connection are solid points that are never mentioned.
The backup battery is a lifesaver feature that rarely is mentioned. I mean, I have been able to recover prints even after one week!

Of course that you need to tuerk and adjust your machine; you have to take care of it like a CNC machine, and take your time to properly learn how to use it and take extensive care of it (like proper cleaning, proper greasing, proper adjustment, etc). I mean, the Stratasys machines have very specific and strict instructions about how to clean their machines after each prints and before each print, why it should be different with the Raise3D N2?

I think it is a very capable and respectable machine, but you have to use it as a precision tool. and print slower (the default settings are waaaaay too fast)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:49 am

May I ask the difference of the printing settings of PC between yours and the default ones?
And may I ask for some pictures can difference between?
We'd like to feedback your thoughts to R&D and Testing department to check whether we need to change the default settings.

Shane

Postby Shane » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi Mecha_Monster,

I'd really appreciate you posting your PC settings and filament supplier please?

An N2+ is on its way to me, and its purpose is to print/replace PC parts on limited run products that are currently CNC milled.

So avoiding warping / decent accuract woudl be great, perhaps +-1mm out of 200mm could be allowed.

I know I should give myself time to get used to 3D printing, that its a craft, and I know there will be dissapointments. But if you had settings and were willing to share that would help greatly.

THanks
Shane

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:37 am

Shane wrote:Hi Mecha_Monster,

I'd really appreciate you posting your PC settings and filament supplier please?

An N2+ is on its way to me, and its purpose is to print/replace PC parts on limited run products that are currently CNC milled.

So avoiding warping / decent accuract woudl be great, perhaps +-1mm out of 200mm could be allowed.

I know I should give myself time to get used to 3D printing, that its a craft, and I know there will be dissapointments. But if you had settings and were willing to share that would help greatly.

THanks
Shane

Hope these can help.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1102
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3509&p=18946#p18946

Tinkerer

Postby Tinkerer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:21 pm

Wolfman wrote:Here is another honest review from Angus. Enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOqq6jhcRVY&t=329s

6:43 of that video - I fully support that message!
...there's nothing like the smell of fresh ABS in the morning...

Return to “Software”