Temperature Settings

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
rlballard

Temperature Settings

Postby rlballard » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:48 pm

Is there a way in the Ideamaker software to adjust the extruder settings or does this require going into the tune settings to make any process changes? If the later is the case, this becomes a pain as what I am finding is that the temperature can't be changed until the default 215 if reached as well as the bed temperature. This throws off the timing and first layer defects. So as an example if I run Polysupport in extruder 2 I have to wait until it reaches the default temp of 215 before I can make a change, this impacts the support quality and ability to stick to the bed. Perhaps as a new kid on the block I have missed something in the software configuration.

Zettlinger

Re: Temperature Settings

Postby Zettlinger » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:12 pm

If i understand you correctly you want to change the temp at a certain layer?

Ideamaker does not (yet) support this, it is on a wishlist already to be able to add processes at certain layers like for example Simplify3d does.

treisner

Postby treisner » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:31 pm

Edit the template you are using to slice, then press the "Advance" button. You can set the bed and extruder temps from the "Cooling" tab.

rlballard

Postby rlballard » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:41 pm

That is exactly what I was looking for, I will give it a shot tonight....
Thanks for the help!

dagoetz

Postby dagoetz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:58 am

new from Australia and I also confuse to set the temperature, my little kid just touch and damage the settings. I need to get something for printing for bedding and it not working!
Shopping of Lolli Living bedding for kids in Australia.

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:28 am

There are 3 places to set temperatures- start on the control screen, leftmost tab and set the warmup desired temperature there. Next go to the utilities and set temperature to load/ unload, nothing will work until it is within 1 degree of this temperature. last in the cooling setting of the slicer you set the print temperatures. The print wont start until these are all within 1 degree. HOWEVER, once the print starts the left panel can be used to adjust the temperatures during the print.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:57 pm

There is one more place.
The home page, the three temperature icons which shows the target temperature and current temperature of nozzles and heating bed, which will become red and green during heating or after reaching the target. If you touch these three icons, there will also appear a window to let you input the temperature value you want to change to be.

Joachim

Postby Joachim » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:There is one more place.
The home page, the three temperature icons which shows the target temperature and current temperature of nozzles and heating bed, which will become red and green during heating or after reaching the target. If you touch these three icons, there will also appear a window to let you input the temperature value you want to change to be.

Hi,
When entering a different temperature, the new value does not seem to be taken into account at the first entry. It needs to be entered several time.

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Joacjim, I have noticed that sometimes but not others, it sometimes doesn't "stick" unless you hit enter/ save on that page - which means that you must go back into advanced again after you set temperature and continue the rest of your edits.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:50 am

Please advise when did you enter the temperature.
If it is during preheating, the board won't accept the edit. If it is during printing, normally one time input should be ok. But you may need to wait a few seconds.

Return to “Printing Software”