Group scaling

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
chengl03

Group scaling

Postby chengl03 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:11 am

Hello all,

I found out if I group different objects the scale percentage is different from only one selected object, so when I group scale them to the max of 10000%, I then have to individually select each single object to scale them to 10000% cause they are not at that percentage when group scale. I liked the previous scale cause there was no max percent of scale so all the objects would get the same scale when imported unlike this new scale where if you scale to max, you have to guess scale the object(s) by using the display. Cause when I import the objects they are small. I have a lot of saved stl files that is like this cause I already saved the stl files as is before checking them in IdeaMaker and going back to re-save them by exporting them a little bit larger size when be time consuming. But if this is the only way (by exporting them in larger scale), I guess I have no other choice.

Long story short, I am looking for a way to scale my objects I have right now through the max scale percentage so when I bring in new unmade yet objects, I can scale them to the right size as the previous objects.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Group scaling

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:10 am

Do you mean you want to scale several models to reach the same percentage one time?

Thanks for you advise. We will fix it in next version.

chengl03

Postby chengl03 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:29 pm

They are the same percentage when selecting them individually after group scaling by the percent but say you input 300% to scale the group, when you select them each individually again, the scale percent is not at 300% but lower for each individual object.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:35 am

Well noted.
Will optimize this in future version.

Return to “Printing Software”