How to move the printer head to given positions?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
RA1981

How to move the printer head to given positions?

Postby RA1981 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi,

I wonder if there's a way to command the printer head to move to given positions? It seems that I have to level the bed of my N2. Moving the head by the touch interface in steps of 10mm is time consuming, especially for bed level checking when the edge positions have to be moved on more than once.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jetguy

Re: How to move the printer head to given positions?

Postby Jetguy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:47 pm

I call that doing it wrong. Step 1 use the disable motors command on the screen. remember, that is a command not a status indicator.
#2 Home Z axis only
#3 Since you disabled all motors and only homed Z- X and Y should not be locked and can be moved by hand.

RA1981

Postby RA1981 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:07 am

Hi Jetguy,

Ah, okay. Then I'll use this approach. Even if it's not possible to always have exact the same position it should be sufficient for bed leveling.

Thank you.

Regards

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:23 pm

It's entirely possible to make a gcode print file that you "print". You would just have to decide the coordinates and likely specify a dwell time at each point. This is because I think using pause will potentially do other movements, but just don't know, i have not yet tried the gcode pause command.

That said, many folks prefer not to have fixed points and instead want to move around manually and check repeatedly and different points when leveling a bed.

Return to “Printing Software”