ideamaker 2.4 won't allow full build volume

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
gizmo91

ideamaker 2.4 won't allow full build volume

Postby gizmo91 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:24 pm

I have a long model, that will fit diagonally within the 305x305 build volume of my R3D. The older version allowed me to fit it without any issues, the new version will not.

I even loaded in an old idea file with the right half of my model (model is split in half), which is the same width/length as the left half. I brought in the left half of the model and even when I position right over top of the other half its still red and says that its not in the build volume when I go to slice. So I then brought in the right model (the same exact as the one in the idea file), and fit it exactly over the right half that was place with the old version of ideamaker, and its still red. I even tried deleting the old right half and still its red.

Seems to be a bug in the new version of ideamaker that isn't calculating the build volume correctly. I double checked the printer settings and its at 305x305. Any suggestions?

walshlg

Re: ideamaker 2.4 won't allow full build volume

Postby walshlg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:24 pm

go into printer settings and change the build plate settings

gizmo91

Postby gizmo91 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:18 pm

walshlg wrote:go into printer settings and change the build plate settings

Why would I change the build plate settings, they were correct at 305x305. I know how to work around stuff, just wanted to let R3D they had an issue.

BTW - Ideamaker 2.5 fixed this issue for me

frjez

Postby frjez » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:32 pm

I have to bear with gizmo91 big time. We bought a car, right? So we suppose that has 4-wheels an engine and other parts usual cars have, right? And when we put in a reverse gear we reasonably expect that the car will go backwards, no? So, anything else it's a glitch of a car manufacturer. ;-)
...and the manufacturer apparently did fix the issue. Thumbs up!

F.

Return to “Printing Software”