Some suggestions regarding support structure display & camera control

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
RA1981

Some suggestions regarding support structure display & camera control

Postby RA1981 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi,

I've my N2 up and running, and I'm really satisfied with it. The printer still has to prove itself on complex models, but until now this thing seems to be amazing.

I want to make some suggestions for the next version(s) of IdeaMaker:
1) it seems that the mouse camera controls between the normal model view and the slicer preview are different, this is confusing - would be better if they're harmonized
2) maybe it's possible to enable the arrow keys and PageUp/PageDown keys for rotation/zooming as well. Panning could be done by shift + arrow key
3) It would be also nice if the manually added support structures (as well as auto-support) shown in the model view are build according to the template settings. Currently it seems that the model view always uses pillar grid setting, so changing the support settings in the template always needs to re-slice

I've also a question beyond model view & camera control: is it really necessary to have the settings for the extruders in a single template file? I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have the settings split into two or three configurations: one for each extruder and an additional third file for the settings not related to the extruders themselve.
It would have the benefit that it would reduce the number of templates needed for different materials etc.

Keep up the great work.

Regards

walshlg

Re: Some suggestions regarding support structure display & camera control

Postby walshlg » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:11 pm

I agree that settings for each extruder would be very useful.

Also try clicking on the options in the view menu, for example I prefer orthographic view as it has no perspective

Return to “Software”