PAUSE feature didn't work on my N2

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
2CNK

PAUSE feature didn't work on my N2

Postby 2CNK » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:07 am

I have a 20mm tall model I instructed ideamaker to pause printing at 15.0mm so I could have time to insert things into the inside of the model.

It did not pause at 15 mm (it was about at 17 mm) and kept printing like normal. It has just about finished printing now.

I used PAUSE on the touchscreen to instruct the printer to pause but the print continued. I know that the buffered commands must empty and the print doesn't stop immediately, but nothing seemed to happen.

Has anyone else used the pause feature on their printer? Is it just me with this problem?

2CNK

Re: PAUSE feature didn't work on my N2

Postby 2CNK » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:14 am

I spoke too soon, the printer DID pause just now very near the end of the print but I am unsure if it paused because of the 15.0 mm configured height (it is past 15 mm in the model) or if it finally paused because of my manual instruction.

Either way, while it did pause it did not do so as expected. Anyone out there use pause manually or via set model height and ever notice anything strange?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:25 am

Did you add Raft for this print?
If so, the pause height will not include the height of Raft.

2CNK

Postby 2CNK » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:23 pm

I did use a raft, I measured from the top surface of the raft (so I didn't count the raft) but maybe I had things wrong. I'll try again and get more data next time.

Return to “Software”