Infill on right extruder

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
3d4you

Infill on right extruder

Postby 3d4you » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi Folks,

I have a model with very Special mechanical and chemical requirements. Just one Option to realise: Print an outer Nylon Skin and a very stable infill (e.g. PC). Within ideaMaker I can select, which Extruder to use for Support or raft, but I miss this Option for infill.

I know, I can realize this with S3D. Just asking if ideaMaker can do it too. (At S3D I am still searching for how to set X-offset for second Extruder. Preview always Looks shifted)

Rogman

Re: Infill on right extruder

Postby Rogman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:06 pm

in s3d under g-code tab, toolhead offsets, change it to tool 1 and put in X -25. if you use the N2 profile for S3D it will automatically do this for you.

3d4you

Postby 3d4you » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Thx. Have done so. Written -25 here. But preview looks like the infill is shiftet by 25mm. I have not yet tested printing.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Yes, the preview is going to show the shifted gcode because it must be shifted, your nozzles are shifted.

There are 2 ways of dual dual extruder coordinate system
One method has the firmware offset the gcode when a tool change is called. This is where the preview will look correct, but the firmware must support this feature and you must enter the offset into firmware. Raise 3D does not support this method right now in current firmware.

The other way is to offset the gcode in the slicer. This is the current method supported. S3D doesn't yet know how to show a shifted offset origin and so the preview will show the code shifted but since your nozzle is also shifted= the print is correct.
The difference is the firmware just plays back the file and makes no changes or adjustments.

3d4you

Postby 3d4you » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Works perfectly. Lika a charme. Would be nice if ideamaker was able to do so too.

Return to “Printing Software”